Gallipoli Battlefield Tour
The journey begins where east meets west in Istanbul - a city enriched by two thousand years of history and adorned with spectacular mosques, minarets and bustling markets. You’ll explore the old city and take a guided boat tour along the Bosphorus.
The tour travels to the Gallipoli Peninsula and the famous straits of the Dardanelles. Here, in this spectacularly rugged landscape, a sense of tragedy surrounds the thousands of graves of Australian soldiers who lie alongside their comrades from many nations and those of their former Turkish enemies. At Gallipoli the Australian War Memorial tour group stays in a comfortable hotel on the Peninsula just south of ANZAC Cove - the only group to have hotel accommodation on the battlefield.
Your tour will be led by experts from the Australian War Memorial, and with their guidance, you will visit sites that have a unique place in Australian history - ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine, the Nek, Quinn's Post and many more.
- Boat tour of the Bosphorus
- ANZAC Day Dawn Service at Gallipoli
- Australian National Ceremony at Lone Pine
- Comfortable accommodation on the battlefield
- ANZAC Cove
- Lone Pine
- The Nek
- Quinn’s Post
- Boat tour along Gallipoli coast
- Gallipoli Anzac Day battlefield tour itinerary April 2014
- Gallipoli Anzac Day and Western Front battlefield tour itinerary 2014
Information and tips for travelling to Gallipoli
For bookings and more information
Boronia Travel Centre
Telephone: 1800 035 350 (Free call)
Fax: (03) 9762 9752
AWM Battlefield Tours
PO Box 22
BORONIA VIC 3155