|Object type||Black & white - Glass original half plate negative|
|Place made||North Africa: Egypt, North Egypt, Mena|
|Date made||c 1915|
The front entrance to the Mena House Hotel at Mena, ten miles from Cairo, which was taken over for use as 2 Australian General Hospital (2 AGH) early in 1915. In June 1915 the hospital staff were transferred to Gezira in Cairo.