|Photographer||Atelier Fritz Albrecht|
|Object type||Black & white - Print silver gelatin|
|Date made||c 1917|
Exterior of the officers' barracks at the prisoner of war (POW) camp at Karlsruhe, Germany. Each barrack housed thirty-two officers with eight officers to a room. The barracks were equipped with electric lights and the officers were attended by French orderlies who acted as batmen. One of a series of over 400 photographs sent by Australian POWs in German camps to Miss M. E. Chomley, Secretary, Prisoners Department, Australian-British Red Cross Society, London. Original album housed in AWM Research Centre at RC00864, Album image number 1.