If you can’t make it to the Memorial or you want to get more out of your visit, borrow a Memorial box.
Each box contains artefacts that students can handle, as well as photographs, case studies, uniforms, a video, oral histories, teacher’s notes, and more. Memorial boxes can be adapted for use across many areas of study and are accessible to a wide range of students, from lower primary to senior secondary.
There are six titles in the series:
- Box 01– Australia in the First World War
- Box 02 – Vietnam: the Australian experience
- Box 03 – Too dark for the Light Horse: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the defence forces
- Box 04 – Australia under attack!
- Box 05 – We want to do more: the experience of women and children during the Second World War
- Box 06 – Our war in the Pacific, 1942
Each state and territory has a complete set of the boxes, with duplicates of the most popular boxes.
Memorial box brochure (407Kb PDF file)
While use of a box in your classroom, library or community group is free, borrowers may be asked to pay a charge for freight and handling.
Make a booking with your local agent.