The most valuable learning experience for both students and teachers is to participate in one of our facilitated programs. The goal of all our programs is to assist students to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society.
Programs draw on real objects and fascinating stories, using hands-on items and interactive discussion to engage students. All programs are linked to national curriculum profiles for History, English, Visual Arts, Science and Technology.
Cost per head
Max group size
|ANZAC legacy||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||60|
|Australians and the First World War||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||60|
|Science and war||$4.40||$5.50||45 min||60|
|Strange but true||$4.40||$5.50||45 min||60|
|We will remember them||$4.40||$5.50||45 min||60|
|Go back to the source||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||60|
|Australia in the Second World War||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||60|
|The Vietnam era||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||30|
|"Blak" diggers: an indigenous perspective||$6.05||$7.70||1 hr||varies|
|The past in the present||$4.40||$5.50||45 min||60|
|Cobber's tales||Preschool & foundation||$2.20||$3.30||30 min||30|
|Teacher-guided visit||Free||No limit||60|
- Facilitated programs can be booked to start at 9 am (10am for groups larger than 60 students).
- The programs are only available Monday to Friday. Some programs have limited availability.
- Programs have a maximum group size. Larger groups will divide into multiple groups in different time slots.
- A minimum charge applies for all education programs. Accompanying adults are free of charge. Prices are correct for 2011-2013 and include GST.
- Notify the Bookings officer of any changes to your booking at least five days in advance.
- Ensure your students arrive at the Education Space 10 minutes before the program commences.
- For more information see tips for visiting schools.
Info As part of the Memorial's Centenary developments, the main First World War galleries are currently undergoing redevelopment and will be unavailable until the end of 2014. All of the Memorial’s other galleries remain open and First World War content is currently available in the ANZAC Voices temporary exhibition. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 6243 4268.