This diversity and inclusion strategy aims to ensure that we promote and integrate workforce diversity and inclusion into all aspects of the Memorial’s work and have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the Australian community.
We recognise that a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us to foster an innovative, collaborative and high energy work environment which assists us to better serve and understand our broad visitor base.
Through our strategy we aim to implement initiatives to promote an inclusive workplace culture where all employees are valued and recognised for their individual qualities, ideas and perspectives.
To fulfil our commitment to diversity and inclusion the Memorial will:
- promote and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- implement strategies to improve attraction, recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce
- foster an inclusive workplace culture
- raise awareness for diversity and inclusion through education and communication
- encourage work life balance practices.
Diversity and inclusion in action
To ensure our success we have adopted five focus areas and commit to delivering our objectives through the following actions: