Details of members of the Australian armed forces who have died during or as a result of warlike service, non-warlike service and certain peacetime operations.
Search for a person
If you are looking for a family member, friend or relative who served, this will guide you to the relevant areas of our website that contain information.
Filters (0 applied)Clear All
- Greater Middle East, 2014 - (1)
- PNG [Bougainville] (SPPKF), 1994 (1)
- Sudan, 1885 (819)
- South Africa, 1899-1902 (Boer War) (18517)
- China, 1900-1901 (Boxer Uprising) (577)
- First World War, 1914-1918 (835992)
- Second World War, 1939-1945 (106104)
- British Commonwealth Occupation Force, 1946-1952 (Japan) (84)
- Malayan Emergency, 1948-1960 (4960)
- Korea, 1950-1953 (2666)
- Thailand, 1960-1968 (2)
- Vietnam, 1962-1975 (1671)
- Indonesian Confrontation, 1962-1966 (3218)
- Malay Peninsula, 1964-1966 (3)
- Gulf War, 1990-1991 (8)
- East Timor, 1999-2013 (79)
- Afghanistan, 2001-2021 (51)
- Iraq, 2003-2013 (34)
- Cambodia (UNAMIC), 1991-1992 (1)
- Somalia, 1992-1995 (1004)
- PNG [Bougainville] (PMG), 1998-2003 (1)
- Solomon Islands (RAMSI), 2003-2013 (1)
- Rwanda (UNAMIR), 1993 - 1996 (12)
- 19th century (3)
- British Navy Era, 1788-1911 (1862)
- Period 1900-1909 (1)
- Period 1920-1929 (7)
- Period 1930-1939 (107)
- Period 1940-1949 (30)
- Period 1945-1959 (2)
- Period 1950-1959 (811)
- Period 1960-1969 (952)
- Period 1970-1979 (634)
- Period 1980-1989 (225)
- Period 1990-1999 (1)
- Berlin, 1948-1949 (Berlin Airlift) (1)
- Fiji, 2006 (Operation Quickstep) (2)
- Indonesia, 2005 (Operation Sumatra Assist II) (9)
- Irian Jaya, 1976-1981 (Operation Cenderawasih) (1)
- United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) 1948 - 1985 (1)
- Korea, 1953-1957 (Post-Armistice service - ceasefire monitoring) (16)
- Malta, 1952-1955 (3)
- North Queensland Coast, 1947-1950 (Bomb and mine clearance) (4)
- Papua and New Guinea, 1947-1975 (13)
- Southeast Asia, 1955-1975 (FESR, SEATO) (10)
- UN Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara (MINURSO) 1991 - 1994 (1)
- United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO) 1948 - (1)
- Border Protection, 1997- (3)
Details of Australians who died during or as a result of warlike service, non-warlike service and certain peacetime operations, in the service of Allied nations, the Merchant Navy, and with civilian organisations.
Details of personnel serving in pre-First World War conflicts.
Details of approximately 330,000 AIF personnel, recorded as they embarked from Australia for overseas service during the First World War.
Details of approximately 324,000 AIF personnel, recorded to assist with their repatriation to Australia from overseas service following the First World War.
Details of military honours and awards to Australians.
Details of recommendations for military honours and awards to Australians.
Details of Australian personnel reported as wounded or missing during the First World War.
Details of AMF prisoners of war and missing personnel from operations in the Far East and South West Pacific Islands, as at 30 June 1944.
ANF Engagement and Service Records 1903-1911 contain details of approximately 1700 Australian and New Zealand sailors during the period after Federation and immediately before the formation of the Royal Australian Navy.
Records contain details of Indigenous service.
Malayan Emergency Rolls and Awards Registers contain details of approximately 4600 personnel
Indonesian Confrontation Rolls and Awards Registers contain details of approximately 3100 personnel
Nominal Roll of 1RAR [1st Battalion Royal Australian Regiment], deployed with the United Nations Operations in Somalia (UNISOM): Unified Task Force in Somalia (UNITAF) 1992-1993.
This dataset records the 2nd AIF prisoners in the Middle East and their movements thereafter it does not include those who died as prisoners of war.
The following external websites may contain useful information:
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- National Archives of Australia - Personal service records
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Nominal Rolls
- These nominal rolls list members of Australia's defence forces who served during World War Two, Korean War, Vietnam War and First Gulf War.