Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
related units (26)
- Royal Australian Air Force (9)
- Royal Air Force (4)
- German Air Force (3)
- Medical evacuation units (3)
- No. 454 Squadron (2)
- Royal Australian Navy (2)
- 1 Operational Support Unit (1)
- 1 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 2 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 21st Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- Empire Air Training Scheme (1)
- HMAS Kanimbla (1994-) (1)
- Middle East (MFO), 1982 - Ongoing (1)
- No. 103 Squadron (RAF) (1)
- No. 294 Squadron (RAF) (1)
- No. 3 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps (1)
- No. 455 Squadron (1)
- No. 460 Squadron (1)
- No. 466 Squadron (1)
- No. 9 Squadron RAAF (1)
- RAAF Butterworth (1)
- RAAF Nursing Service (1)
- RAAF medical units (1)
- RAAF squadrons (1)
- Royal Flying Corps (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (1)
related places (34)
- Europe: United Kingdom (6)
- Oceania: Australia (5)
- Asia: Malaya, Penang, Butterworth (2)
- Asia: Vietnam (2)
- Europe: Italy, Falconara Marittima (2)
- Middle East (2)
- North & Central America: Canada (2)
- Africa: Egypt, Frontier, Sinai (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt) (1)
- Approximate locations: At sea (1)
- Asia: Malaya (1)
- Asia: Malaysia, Labuan (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies, Halmahera Island, Morotai Island (1)
- Asia: Philippines (1)
- Asia: Russia, North Russia (1)
- Asia: Singapore (1)
- Asia: Vietnam, South Vietnam (1)
- Europe (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Wallonie, Hainaut, Ploegsteert (1)
- Europe: France (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Lille, Armentieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area, Corbie (1)
- Europe: Germany (1)
- Europe: Italy (1)
- Europe: Western Front (1)
- Middle East: Iraq (1)
- Middle East: Persian Gulf (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Richmond (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory, Darwin (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Ipswich, Amberley (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Bairnsdale (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Fishermans Bend (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Bismarck Archipelago, New Britain, Gazelle Peninsula, Rabaul Area, Rabaul (1)
- Bottomley, Clifford (7)
- Unknown (7)
- Bedggood Shoes Pty Ltd (4)
- Moore, Alan (3)
- Ewers, Ray (2)
- Addison Shoe Corporation (1)
- Air Ministry (1)
- Baird, John (1)
- Biltrite (1)
- Gregory, E J (1)
- H W Jaede P/L (1)
- Herald Newspaper (1)
- Hy-Test (1)
- Mansion (1)
- Panco (1)
- Santa, Yasushi (1)
- T S Rubber Co Ltd (1)
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA female employee using an industrial sewing machine stitching the uppers lined with lambs wool to the partly made flying boots, at the Bedggood footwear factory.
Maker: Moore, AlanA full length drawing of an unidentified air gunner from the No. 454 Squadron of the Royal Australian Air Force.
Maker: Ewers, RayFigure of an airman in uniform, carrying a parachute. This sculpture was created as a souvenir for sale through the Australian War Memorial. There is a large scale version of this sculpture in the N...
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA male employee cutting out lambswool linings for the inside of flying boots at the Bedggood footwear factory.
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA male employee cutting out the upper part of flying boots at the Bedggood footwear factory.
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA male employee operates a machine to pull the upper part of flying boots over the last section before completion at the Bedggood footwear factory.
A male employee using a machine that is attaching the first welt to the uppers of flying boots at ...
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA male employee using a machine that is attaching the first welt to the uppers of flying boots at the Bedggood footwear factory.
Maker: Bottomley, CliffordA woman employee carrying out a final inspection of flying boots before packing them into boxes at the Bedggood footwear factory.
Maker: UnknownPair of black leather, rubber soled, mid-calf length Luftwaffe flying boots. The boots are lined with sheepskin and have a zip opening on each inside leg, with a snap-fastening flap at the top. There ...
Maker: UnknownPair of British 1943 pattern flying (escape) boots. The boots have black suede uppers with a buckled retaining strap at the top and zip fasteners to the ankle. The lower section of each boot resembles...
Maker: Baird, JohnA composition of military equipment depicting a pistol holder and water bottle, as well as flying boots and a dagger belonging to Flight Lieutenant Jeffrey King (O215028), 452 Squadron, Royal Australi...
Maker: Ewers, Ray Gregory, E JFigure of an airman wearing shorts and carrying a parachute. This sculpture of a fighter pilot was commissioned in late 1948 and cast in 1952. It is a larger version of a statuette, 'Airman' (ART909...
Maker: Moore, AlanUnfinished sketch of unidentified men standing in a group. Some are wearing flying suits and wearing forage caps.
Maker: Herald NewspaperFISHERMEN'S BEND, VIC. 1944-01-09. A WOMEN'S AUXILIARY AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE (WAAAF) STORES HAND CARRYING AN ARMFUL OF FLYING BOOTS IN TO THE RAAF STORE.
Maker: BiltritePair of black leather flying boots without toecaps. The boots extend above the ankle, and are lined with cream coloured leather. Each boot has a single pair of aluminium eyelets and six pairs of rivet...
Maker: Addison Shoe CorporationBlack leather flying boots with stitching over the toe, front lacing and side zip fastenings.The boots extend beyond the ankle and are reinforced with an extra strip of leather down the back of the le...
Maker: UnknownBlack leather boots with front lacing and side zip fastenings. The zipper for the left boot has green tape with brass teeth, slide and pull. The zipper pull is impressed 'CONMAR'. The right boot's zip...
Maker: Santa, YasushiA Japanese bomber pilot putting on his flying suit.
Maker: Hy-TestPair of black steel capped reverse hide boots. A single zipper is on the instep to the ankle of each boot. The sole is moderately worn and has the manufacturer's marking in the arch of the boot along ...
Maker: UnknownFlier's knee high left overboot, custom-made from narrow sections of pelts, possibly deer, with the fur side being outermost. The pelts have been sewn together vertically with linen thread using the '...