Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has video (1)
- Sudan, 1885 (4)
- South Africa, 1899-1902 (Boer War) (234)
- First World War, 1914-1918 (45)
- Second World War, 1939-1945 (13)
- Korea, 1950-1953 (1)
- 19th century (8)
- Australian Colonial Forces, 1854-1900 (11)
- Period 1900-1909 (22)
- Period 1910-1919 (1)
- Period 1920-1929 (6)
- Period 1950-1959 (1)
- Army organisation period 1903-1912 (3)
related units (85)
- British Army (26)
- South African Forces (23)
- New South Wales Military Forces (22)
- Imperial Bushmen Corps (21)
- Commonwealth Horse (20)
- 1st Royal Australian Naval Bridging Train (18)
- New South Wales Mounted Rifles (13)
- Queensland Military Forces (12)
- Victorian Military Forces (12)
- Medical Units (9)
- New South Wales Medical Corps (7)
- New South Wales contingents (7)
- Royal Australian Artillery (7)
- South Australian Military Forces (6)
- Victorian Mounted Rifles (6)
- British South African Irregular Forces (4)
- New South Wales Imperial Bushmen (4)
- New South Wales Lancers (4)
- Transport ships (4)
- 1st Victorian Mounted Rifles (3)
- Australian Army Nursing Service (3)
- British armed forces (3)
- Colonial Military Forces (3)
- Indian Army (3)
- St John Ambulance Association (3)
- Tasmanian Military Forces (3)
- 1 Victorian (Infantry and Mounted Rifles) Contingent (2)
- 36th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 4 Imperial Regiment (2)
- Australian Army (2)
- Boer Forces (2)
- Infantry (2)
- Light horse units (2)
- Royal Australian Air Force (2)
- Victorian Imperial Bushmen (2)
- 1st Australian Camel Battalion (1)
- 1st Australian Division (1)
- 1st Australian Horse (1)
- 1st Australian Wireless Signal Squadron (1)
- 1st Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment) (1)
- 1st New South Wales Mounted Rifles (1)
- 2 Victorian (Mounted Rifles) Contingent (1)
- 26 Brigade (1)
- 2nd New South Wales Mounted Rifles (1)
- 3 Victorian (Bushmen) Contingent (1)
- 34th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd New South Wales Mounted Rifles (1)
- 3rd Queensland Mounted Infantry (1)
- 8 Battalion (1)
- Air force units (1)
- Ambulance trains (1)
- Army Chaplains Department (1)
- Australian Army Medical Corps (1)
- Australian Militia (1)
- Australian War Memorial (1)
- British Forces (1)
- Canadian Army (1)
- Canadian armed forces (1)
- Cyclists (1)
- Formation Headquarters (1)
- Headquarters Units (1)
- Hospitals (1)
- Imperial Yeomanry (1)
- Indian Mule Corps (1)
- Intelligence units (1)
- Machine gun units (1)
- New South Wales Contingent (1)
- New Zealand Army (1)
- New Zealand Expeditionary Force (1)
- New Zealand Mounted Rifles (1)
- Philanthropic organisations (1)
- Police (1)
- Queensland contingents (1)
- Reinforcement units (1)
- Royal Artillery (1)
- Royal Australian Naval Reserve (1)
- Royal Navy (1)
- Royal New South Wales Lancers (1)
- Scottish Forces (1)
- Signals (1)
- South African Constabulary (1)
- Tasmanian [Citizen] Bushmen (1)
- Thorneycroft's Mounted Infantry (1)
- Western Australia Mounted Infantry (1)
- Western Australian Military Forces (1)
A British officer sitting on a rock on a hill overlooking Slingersfontein Camp. In January, just ...
Maker: UnknownA British officer sitting on a rock on a hill overlooking Slingersfontein Camp. In January, just a few miles away from this camp, an Australian patrol was ambushed and New South Wales suffered its fi...
Maker: UnknownChristmas day stopover in Capetown, South Africa 401634 Pilot Officer David Thomas Barnard DFM and 401494 Pilot Officer Walter Astley Cooper. They are gathered with friends on the steps of the house ...
Maker: UnknownChristmas day at Umdloti Beach, Capetown, South Africa 401634 Pilot Officer David Thomas Barnard DFM and 401494 Pilot Officer Walter Astley Cooper casually gathering with friends. Idenities are named...
Maker: Unknown"A fleet of lighters unloading at Suvla" (Original inscription). "West Beach, Suvla,Gallipoli. 'K' Motor Lighters discharging alongside docks " (Album caption). This image is from one of two albums (P...
Maker: UnknownGold Coin. The portrait of Paul Kruger is on the obverse with text above that reads ' ZUID AFRIKAANSCHE REPUBLIEK'. The Coat of Arms of the Transvaal is on the reverse with text that reads '1/2 Pond ...
Maker: Unknown" 'A lucky shot' The Turkish shell which hit our water pipe between shore & lighter & upset our water supply for some hours. (The piece of damaged pipe & the base of the shell). Suvla." (Original insc...
Maker: UnknownA meeting of the British Empire Delegation at Mr Lloyd George's house, Rue Nitot in Paris, when the German Reply to the Peace Terms were considered. From left to right are: Sir J Ward, New Zealand; Ge...
Maker: UnknownAmmunition waistcoat featuring thirty pockets for storing ammunition. Waistcoat is made from a mustard coloured, pinstriped cotton and features a large main body and two shoulder straps, which button ...
An aerial view of a DH9 bomber aircraft of 144 Squadron, which was forced to land owing to engine ...
Maker: UnknownAn aerial view of a DH9 bomber aircraft of 144 Squadron, which was forced to land owing to engine trouble in enemy territory east of the River Jordan after a bombing raid on Deraa. The pilot and obse...
Maker: UnknownAn Australian mounted regiment advancing.
Maker: UnknownAnglo-Boer War Medal 1899-1902. The recipients name is impressed on the edge. Both sides have the legend 'ANGLO-BOERE OORLOG' and the dates '1899 - 1902' around the circumference. Medallions set in a ...
Maker: Unknown"Another view of the pipeline at Suvla" (Original inscription). "Trestle supports for pipeline from pontoons to shore Suvla Gallipoli " (Album caption). This image is from one of two albums (P11155 an...
Maker: UnknownAn unidentified member of the NSW Imperial Bushmen looking at a bridle while standing next to a chestnut horse which is feeding from a nose bag. Note the primitive quarters in the background.
Maker: UnknownAn unidentified officer of the NSW Imperial Bushmen, sitting in his crudely built shelter, smoking a pipe. A striped towel is hanging on the shelter left and probably a blanket to the right.
A parade of C Squadron of the 8th Battalion Australian Commonwealth Horse. The unit consisted of ...
Maker: UnknownA parade of C Squadron of the 8th Battalion Australian Commonwealth Horse. The unit consisted of 4 officers and 116 other ranks, and was the last Tasmanian unit to go to the Boer War; they sailed fro...
Maker: UnknownArmy Long Service & Good Conduct Medal, Queen Victoria, third type with the small letters reverse. The recipients number, rank name and regiment are engraved on the edge. Obverse: A trophy of arms wit...
Maker: Unknown"Army Service Corps Supply Depot at Suvla" (Original inscription). "Army Service Corps Supply Dumps. Cases of 'Dog', 'Biscuit', and 'Plum & Apple Jam' " (Album caption). This image is from one of two ...
A section of an exhibit in the special Boer War Exhibition held in the Australian War Memorial to ...
Maker: UnknownA section of an exhibit in the special Boer War Exhibition held in the Australian War Memorial to mark the 75th anniversary of the Boer War, showing a signed portrait photograph of Nursing Sister Edi...
Maker: UnknownA Sister of Charity nun is depicted giving the last rites to a soldier that is most likely a Tasmanian Imperial Bushman. The soldier on the left saluting is most probably from a Scottish Regiment and ...
Maker: UnknownA soldier walking towards one of the bell tents at the camp of the NSW Imperial Bushmen.