Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (82)
- Portraits (17)
- Portrait collection (Art) (15)
- War damage (7)
- Belgian awards and medals (4)
- Group portraits (4)
- Landscapes (4)
- Core collection (Art) (3)
- Horses (3)
- Airfields (2)
- Animals (2)
- Civilian buildings (2)
- Gotha aircraft (WW1 period) (2)
- Hills (2)
- Motor vehicles (2)
- Mules (2)
- Radio communication (2)
- Soldiers (2)
- Trees (2)
- Uniform accessories (2)
- Victory Medal (2)
- Wrecked buildings (2)
- 1914-15 Star (1)
- Aircraft crashes and wrecks (1)
- Airships (1)
- Ambulance services (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Award investitures (1)
- Badges (1)
- Belgians (1)
- Belts (1)
- Boxing (1)
- Buildings (1)
- Buses (1)
- Buttons (1)
- Cadets (1)
- Casualties (1)
- Casualty movement (1)
- Churches (1)
- Civilians (1)
- Cold weather (1)
- Demobilisation (1)
- Distinguished Service Order (1)
- Dogs (1)
- Dugouts (1)
- Engineers (1)
- Entrenchments (1)
- Explosions and bursts (1)
- Facilities and installations (1)
- Flags (1)
- Football (1)
- Fortifications (1)
- Guards of honour (1)
- HMAT Persic A34 (1)
- Hangars (1)
- Home guards (1)
- Housing (1)
- Inspections (1)
- Medical services (1)
- Memorials (1)
- Mention in despatches (1)
- Messengers (1)
- Military Cross (1)
- National flags (1)
- Order of St Michael and St George (1)
- Photographs (1)
- RE8 aircraft (1)
- Reconnaissance (1)
- Rest and relaxation (1)
- Rifles (1)
- Rivers (1)
- Salesmen (1)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Sketches and drawings (1)
- Sports meetings (1)
- Supplies and transport (1)
- Tug of war (1)
- Uniform insignia (1)
- Visits by commanding officers (1)
- Watch fobs (1)
- Webbing (1)
- Wet weather (1)
- Wounded (1)
related units (47)
- Australian Imperial Force (15)
- Formation Headquarters (4)
- 10th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- Australian Army (2)
- Belgian Forces (2)
- 103 Battery Australian Field Artillery (1)
- 11th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 18 Battalion Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
- 1st Australian Division (1)
- 1st Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 22nd Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 26th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company (1)
- 3 Military District (1)
- 30th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 4 Australian Divisional Ammunition Sub Park (1)
- 43rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 4th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 53rd Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 58th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 6th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 6th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 7 Battalion (1)
- 7th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 9th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- Anti aircraft units (1)
- Bands (1)
- Canadian Army (1)
- Coronation Contingent (George V) 1911 (1)
- German Army (1)
- Infantry regiments (1)
- Master General of Ordnance (1)
- New Zealand Expeditionary Force (1)
- No. 4 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps (1)
- North Russian Relief Force (1)
- Royal Australian Artillery (1)
- Royal Australian Navy (1)
- Royal Flying Corps (1)
- Russian Forces (1)
- Signals (1)
- United States Army (1)
- Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
- Bell, George (9)
- Unknown (7)
- Longstaff, John (6)
- McCubbin, Louis Frederick (6)
- Unknown Australian Official Photographer (3)
- Adcock, Garnet Ingamells (1)
- Beavis, Leslie Ellis (1)
- Brooke, Norman Montague (1)
- Bruce, John (1)
- Chappel, Herbert Horace (1)
- Coates, George (1)
- Decorations L. Leleu (1)
- Fullwood, A Henry (1)
- G & S Co (1)
- Garrard & Co Ltd (1)
- McBeath, William Frampton (1)
- Meldrum, J B (1)
- Percival, Cecil (1)
- Quinn, James Peter (1)
PhotographA COMPANY QUARTERMASTER SERGEANT (CQMS) NO. 5091 HERBERT ARTHUR FLATMAN, 1ST BATTALION AIF. (DONOR: MRS S. MANT)
Maker: Adcock, Garnet IngamellsCollection relating to the service of Major Garnet Ingamells Adcock, 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company, First World War. Consists of detailed descriptions of service in the trenches in France, coveri...
An Australian soldier and officer, both unidentified, standing next to the remains of two Gothas ...
PhotographAn Australian soldier and officer, both unidentified, standing next to the remains of two Gothas aeroplanes at the German Gotha Aerodrome at Morville. This aerodome was probably one of the largest Ger...
An exterior view of a large German hangar which was used for housing Gotha aeroplanes at Morville ...
PhotographAn exterior view of a large German hangar which was used for housing Gotha aeroplanes at Morville Aerodrome. This was probably one of the largest German bases for these machines. On the left an Austra...
An exterior view of a large Zeppelin shed at the Bickendorf Aerodrome. Note the railway carts on ...
PhotographAn exterior view of a large Zeppelin shed at the Bickendorf Aerodrome. Note the railway carts on the right.
An informal group portrait of members of No 3 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps gathered in front ...
PhotographAn informal group portrait of members of No 3 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps gathered in front of a German motor charabanc (Benz) that was salvaged by the squadron and used by them to convey men on...
PhotographA NO 4 SQUADRON, AUSTRALIAN FLYING CORPS, VEHICLE STOPPED IN FRONT OF RUINS OF THE TOWN. (ORIGINAL PRINTS HELD IN AWM ARCHIVE STORE) (DONOR M. CORKHILL)
Maker: Unknown Australian Official PhotographerAn outdoors group portrait of athletes at the Inter Allied Games held at the Pershing Stadium, Paris in June-July 1919. The unidentified men represent the following nations, from left to right, back r...
PhotographAn outdoors group portrait of the Officer Commanding and officers of Headquarters Flight, 3rd Squadron, Australian Flying Corps. No identification details were recorded for the men in this group.
PhotographAn outdoors group portrait of the Wireless Section of No. 3 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps. Note the aircraft behind the men. No identification details were recorded for the men in this group.
PhotographAn outdoors group portrait of unidentified officers, NCO'S and men of the 3rd Squadron, Australian Flying Corps. No identification details were recorded for the men in this group. Note the man stand...
PhotographAn R.E.8 Serial F6016, aircraft K of No. 3 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps. The aircraft was used by No. 3 Squadron for reconnaissance work. Note the name `Marjorie' on the side of the aircraft.
PhotographAustralian 1st Division soldiers at the YMCA Boxing Arena look on as 33931 Sergeant John Thomas (Jack) Conn (in the ring, left)) looks over to the YMCA Representative Lieutenant Frank Grose.
Maker: Brooke, Norman Montague1908 Pattern Australian Army web belt decorated with 55 metal and plastic buttons, badges and shoulder titles. The buttons include examples from Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, America, Ru...
Maker: Beavis, Leslie EllisLarge collection of diverse papers relating to the Army career of Major General (Maj Gen) Beavis, from his cadet days, service in the First and Second World Wars and post-war occupations. Includes dia...
Maker: UnknownBelgian Order of the Crown, 5th Class. A five pointed star with V-shaped extremities enamelled white and edged gold. Between the arms of the star are golden rays. Obverse: In the centre, on a blue ena...
Maker: UnknownBelgian Yser Medal. Unnamed as issued. Artificially patinated bronze medal with a small 15 mm medallion at the top in green enamel. Obverse: A nude helmeted male standing facing right, holding a lance...
Breast star of a Grand Officer of the Belgian Order of La Couronne (the Crown) : Lieutenant General Sir John Monash, AIF
Maker: Decorations L. LeleuGrand Officer of the Belgian Order of La Couronne (the Crown) breast star.
Maker: Longstaff, JohnA portrait of Brigadier General (later Major General Sir) Iven Giffard Mackay, CMG, DSO, MID (x4), Commanding, 1st Infantry Brigade, Western Front, (later North Africa) 1st Australian Imperial Force,...
Maker: Bell, GeorgeDepicts a portrait of Brigadier-General Sydney Charles Edgar Herring (1881-1951), DSO, Commanding 13th Brigade, in full uniform, wearing a cap. Herring was born in Granville, Sydney and after a privat...