Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related places : Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Flers (remove)
- has image : no (remove)
- has sound : no (remove)
related units (25)
- 4th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (4)
- 19th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 32nd Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 16th Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 1st Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 20th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 24th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 25th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 26th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 27th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Division (1)
- 2nd Australian Division Signals Company (1)
- 2nd Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 2nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 6th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 7th Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 9th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Australian Army Medical Corps (1)
- Formation Headquarters (1)
- Headquarters First Army (1)
- Signals (1)
- Australian War Memorial (57)
- Unknown (4)
- Heidrich, H J (2)
- Binskin, Alfred William (1)
- Bishop, Jim T (1)
- Bishop, Raymond Carnegie (1)
- Bretherton, A R B (1)
- Crozier, Frank (1)
- Davis, Herbert Theodore (1)
- Gaffney, Peter (1)
- Gain, Alfred Cecil (1)
- Grant, Russell Walker (1)
- Harris, Hubert Richard Joseph (1)
- King, Ernest George (1)
- Luke, Percival Hopetown (1)
- Mackie, George Norman (1)
- Matthews, Arthur Edward (1)
- McNamee, Edward Michael (1)
- Memorial Plaque Factory, Acton (1)
- Neaves, Harry Clyde (1)
- Royal Arsenal Woolwich (1)
- Smythe, Percy Ellesmere (1)
Maker: Binskin, Alfred WilliamDETAILS OF ACTIVE SERVICE FROM TIME OF JOURNEY TO EGYPT, CANAL DUTY, TRANSFER TO FRANCE INCLUDING EXPERIENCES ON THE SOMME, POZIERES, FLERS, YPRES, MESSINES AND MONT ST QUENTIN. ALSO COVERS THE ARMIST...
Maker: Bishop, Jim T Bishop, Raymond CarnegieTypescript illustrated memoir of Gunner Raymond C. Bishop who served with the 16 Battery from 1915-1918 during the First World War. The memoir is titled 'A gunner's stories', and was edited by his so...
Maker: Bretherton, A R BLETTER GIVING DETAILS OF BRETHERTON'S DEATH ON ACTION AT FLERS. FROM RED CROSS TO BRETHERTON'S FAMILY
Maker: UnknownBritish War Medal 1914-20. Impressed around edge with recipient's details.
Maker: Davis, Herbert TheodoreCollection relating to 6543 Herbert Theodore Davis, 4 Field Artillery Brigade. It consists of five diaries, 1915-1917, covering his voyage to England on the troopship SS Wiltshire and his service in F...
Maker: Gaffney, PeterCOPIES OF A PAYBOOK, MARKED BY A BULLET HOLE GAINED ON THE PENINSULA, DIARY ENTRIES FOR SERVICE AT GALLIPOLI AND LATER IN FRANCE AT POZIERES, YPRES AND FLERS, EVACUATION TO ENGLAND AND EVENTUAL RETURN...
Maker: Gain, Alfred CecilCollection relating to the First World War service of 3709 Private Alfred Cecil Gain, 2 Division Signal Company, Egypt, France, Belgium, United Kingdom , 1915-1938. Wallet one: Consists of forty fiv...
Maker: Grant, Russell WalkerCollection relating to the service of Lieutenant (Lt) Russell Walker Grant, 25 Battalion, AIF, France. Collection includes five original letters written by Lt Grant to family members in Australia betw...
Maker: Harris, Hubert Richard JosephCollection relating to the service of Major Hubert Richard Joseph Harris, AAMC. Collection consists of 25 handwritten pages of Major Harris's memories of his wartime experiences as a Medical Officer....
Interviews with 1914-1918 veterans Harry Newin and John Reeves for the 0-10 TV series Australians at war
Maker: Heidrich, H JMr Newin tells of his service as a stretcher bearer at Pozieres, Ypres and Flers. Mr Reeves remembers the declaration of war when when at school in Sydney. His most vivid memories of fighting at Ville...
Interviews with 1914-1918 war veterans Messrs Graham, Martin, Burrows & Tarrant for the 0-10 TV Series Australians at war
Maker: Heidrich, H JInterviews with four 1914-1918 war veterans for the O-10 TV series Australians at war. The veterans in order of appearance are Mr Jack Graham 6 Light Regiment, Mr Jim Martin, 6 Light Horse Regiment, M...
ArtDepicts an image of part of a switch trench, with duckboards and sandbags, and a soldier wearing a tin helmet in the foreground, near Flers, France. Will Dyson was the first Australian official war ar...
Maker: King, Ernest GeorgeCollection relating to the First World War service of 1720 Private Ernest George King, 19th Infantry Battalion, AIF. Photocopies of two diaries: 1) copied in another hand from the original (in Decemb...
Maker: Luke, Percival HopetownDIARY ENTRIES DETAILING PTE LUKE'S EXPERIENCES ON THE PENINSULA, ACTIVITIES AT HILL 353, MOVEMENT TO FRANCE AND ACTIVE SERVICE AT ARMENTIERS, POZIERES, SAUSAGE VALLEY, YPRES, FLERS, BULLECOURT, WIPPEN...
Maker: Mackie, George NormanCollection relating to the service of 1948 Warrant Officer George Norman Mackie MSM, 27 Battalion and 7 Infantry Brigade HQ, at sea, Egypt, Lemnos, France, 1915-1918. Collection consists of seventy-...
Maker: Matthews, Arthur EdwardOriginal diary and typescript of diary relating involvement in the Battle of the Somme from the capture of Flers and Gueudecourt to the capture of Bullecourt during the winter of 1916-17. Written by ...
Maker: McNamee, Edward MichaelDiary of 1590 Private Edward Michael McNamee (D Company, 9th Battalion) for 1916. Following summary notes of his involvement at Gallipoli the previous year, the diary records his experiences in Egypt ...
Maker: Neaves, Harry ClydeCollection relating to 1578 Private (Pte) Harry Clyde Neaves, 19th Battalion AIF, who was killed in action in France on 14 November 1916. Comprises letters home, some of which are incomplete. Also inc...
Maker: Royal Arsenal WoolwichBronze next of kin plaque, showing on the obverse, Britannia holding a laurel wreath, the British lion, dolphins, a spray of oak leaves and the words 'HE DIED FOR FREEDOM AND HONOUR' around the edge. ...
Maker: Memorial Plaque Factory, ActonBronze next of kin plaque, showing on the obverse, Britannia holding a laurel wreath, the British lion, dolphins, a spray of oak leaves and the words 'HE DIED FOR FREEDOM AND HONOUR' around the edge. ...