Filters (2 applied)Clear All
- related units : 25th Australian Infantry Battalion (remove)
- related subjects : Prisoners of war (remove)
related places (9)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville (3)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, South Bougainville, Puriata River Area, Slater's Knoll (3)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine, Jordan River (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Transjordan, Amman (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli, Anzac Area (Gallipoli), Shrapnel Gully Area (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Biggenden (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, Enoggera (1)
Maker: Kinna, DarrellEarly in the morning of 5th April, in South Bougainville, a sizeable enemy force attacked the HQ 25th Australian Infantry Battalion and a platoon of "C" Company. Sixty men were cut off from their comm...
Maker: Keam, Ronald NoelBOUGAINVILLE. 1945-04-06. A JAPANESE PRISONER OF WAR (AN ENGLISH SPEAKING LT) WOUNDED IN ACTION AT SLATER'S KNOLL RECEIVING TREATMENT AT THE REGIMENTAL AID POST, BATTALION HQ 25 INFANTRY BATTALION. HE...
PhotographBOUGAINVILLE. 1945-04-06. A JAPANESE PRISONER OF WAR BEING CARRIED BY 25 INFANTRY BATTALION STRETCHER BEARERS FOR TREATMENT AT THE REGIMENTAL AID POST AFTER THE ACTION ON SLATER'S KNOLL.
BOUGAINVILLE. 1945-04-05. DEAD JAPANESE SOLDIERS SCATTERED OVER THE AREA AFTER THE ATTACK AGAINST ...
PhotographBOUGAINVILLE. 1945-04-05. DEAD JAPANESE SOLDIERS SCATTERED OVER THE AREA AFTER THE ATTACK AGAINST 25 INFANTRY BATTALION TROOPS ON SLATER'S KNOLL. LATER INTERROGATION OF PRISONERS OF WAR REVEALED THE A...
Maker: Blackman, Charles TedneeCorrespondence relating to the First World War service of 2584 Lance Corporal Charles Tednee Blackman, 9th Battalion. This correspondence spans the period 1915 to 1919, in which Blackman writes of the...
Otto Carl Nielsen as a member of 25th Infantry Battalion AIF, Gallipoli and France 1915-1918 [reminiscences]
Maker: Nielsen, Otto CarlNielsen speaks of his enlistment in the AIF; training at Enoggera Camp, Albury; deployment for overseas service; further training in Egypt; departure for Gallipoli via Lemnos Island; experiences at Qu...
Turkish prisoners captured by the Anzac Mounted Division filling their water bottles, and washing ...
Maker: McPherson, DuncanTurkish prisoners captured by the Anzac Mounted Division filling their water bottles, and washing at an ancient aqueduct. While Allenby's main strength was thrown against the Seventh and Eighth Turkis...