Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has video (1)
related places (32)
- Europe: France (16)
- Africa: South Africa (3)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (3)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres, Zonnebeke, Polygon Wood (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Villers-Bretonneux Area (2)
- Europe: Germany (2)
- Oceania: Australia (2)
- Africa: Egypt (1)
- Africa: South Africa, Cape Colony, Cape Town (1)
- Africa: West Africa, Senegal (1)
- Asia: China (1)
- Europe: Belgium (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres, Menin Road, Glencorse Wood (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Lille, Armentieres (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Lille, Fromelles (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Pas de Calais, Bethune, Fleurbaix (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Chuignes (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire, Hurdcott (1)
- Europe: Western Front (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, Enoggera (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Tasmania (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Ballarat (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Broadmeadows (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea (1)
- Oceania: New Zealand (1)
- Rubinstein, Peter (2)
- Allan, Oswald (1)
- Allan, Victor (1)
- Carew, Robert Jerry (1)
- Chalk, David (1)
- Coxhead, Albert David (1)
- Coyne, David Emmett (1)
- Davis, Harold H W (1)
- Department of Defence (1)
- Falconer, Douglas (1)
- Forrest, John Boddy 'Jack' (1)
- Fuller, Thomas Lionel (1)
- Gair, Ivan N (1)
- Graham, David L (1)
- Grebert, Rick (1)
- Hall, Stephen (1)
- Henry, Robert (1)
- Hetherington, Albert (1)
- Holmes, Clarence George (1)
- Houston, Marcus James (1)
- Linton, Albert Charles (1)
- Maher, Thomas Francis (1)
- Marrinon, Joseph Patrick Vidal (1)
- Smith, Herbert Brandwell (1)
- Sykes, Ernest Albert (1)
- Talty, Thomas Lawrence (1)
- Thomson, Alistair (1)
- Toll, Frederick William (1)
- Unknown (1)
- Various (1)
- Wilson, George H (1)
- Wilson, Ormond W (1)
Albert Charles Linton (728) as a private 31st Infantry Battalion AIF, France 1916-1918, interviewed by Dr Alistair Thomson.
Maker: Linton, Albert Charles Thomson, Alistair Thomson, AlistairDiscusses early life in Tasmania; travelling to Egypt and camping at Heliopolis; difference between Australian and English soldiers and officers; fighting at Fromelles and having to retreat through fl...
Maker: Allan, Oswald Allan, Victor VariousCollection relating to the First World War service of 473 Private Oswald Allan, 31 Battalion, 1915-1919, and to the Second World War service of his brother N290045 Private Victor Allan, 9 Australian L...
AWM9 23/7 - [Unit roll books, 1914-1918 War:] 31st Infantry Battalion AIF - Nominal Roll [deceased, including locations of graves - undated]
Maker: Department of Defence
PhotographBrown cloth-bound album containing 54 prints over 24 pages. Insribed in green pencil on inner cover is 'English snaps 19148-1918 War. F. Wilkinson Sergt. 360 B.Coy. 31 BTN'. Album was compiled by 360 ...
Maker: Carew, Robert Jerry3 PAGES OF NOMINAL ROLL AUSTRALIAN IMPERIAL EXPEDITIONARY FORCE, 8TH BRIGADE, 31ST BATTALION, REGIMENTAL SIGNALS HQ
Technology28 cmSK L/40 gun barrel. This particular example was one of four originally mounted in the SMS Hessen. The Hessen took part in the battle of Jutland, firing five rounds of 28 cm ammunition. After th...
Maker: Coxhead, Albert DavidCollection comprises clothing account book, account book (white with coronation corps) and detailed letters from South Africa including letter written in Afrikaans dated 1898. Also an extensive colle...
Maker: Coyne, David EmmettNEWSCUTTING RECOUNTING THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND AWARD OF THE ALBERT MEDAL POSTHUMOUSLY IN 1918 TO D E COYNE AND PHOTOGRAPHS OF FRONT AND REVERSE OF THE MEDAL
Maker: Davis, Harold H WOPERATIONAL MESSAGES SENT BY SCOTT. MENTIONS ACTS OF BRAVERY, MEN KILLED, SITUATION OF ENEMY AND POSITION REGARDING AMMUNITION. STATES BN. POSITION. COVER PERIOD SEPT 1917 - MAR 1918
Maker: Falconer, DouglasCollection relating to the First World War service of Second Lieutenant Douglas Falconer, 15th Field Ambulance, Belgium, 23 - 28 September, 1917. Wallet 1 of 1 - This collection consists of a short ...
Maker: Forrest, John Boddy 'Jack'Collection relating to 2610 Sergeant John Forrest, 32 Battalion, First World War. Collection comprises a fourteen-page letter written by Forrest to his father while convalescing from injuiries in Gra...
Maker: Gair, Ivan NEXTRACTS FROM LETTERS DESCRIBING CONDITIONS IN FRANCE
Maker: Graham, David LTYPESCRIPT COPIES OF A SERIES OF LETTERS WRITTEN BY GRAHAM ON HIS 1973 PILGRIMAGE TO GALLIPOLI AND THE BATTLEFIELDS OF FRANCE
Maker: Hall, StephenLETTERS AND NOTEBOOK WRITTEN BY PTE HALL WHILE A POW IN GERMANY
Maker: Hetherington, AlbertCOPIES OF LETTERS WRITTEN BY PTE HETHERINGTON TO HIS BROTHER AND SISTER WHILE IN CAMP AT BROADMEADOWS AND LATER IN HOSPITAL IN FRANCE RECOVERING FROM TRENCH FEVER AND GAS
Maker: Holmes, Clarence GeorgeLetters describing active service in France, commenting on being wounded and buried by an exploding shell, mail, censorship, artillery bombardments, Australian and German casualties, concern for his b...
Maker: Houston, Marcus James Rubinstein, PeterMarcus James Houston as a member of 31 Battalion, France, 1916-1918, interviewed for "Voices From The Great War". A transcript of this recording may be available. For further information please conta...
Maker: Maher, Thomas FrancisCollection relating to the service of 3856 Private Thomas Francis Maher, 31 Battalion, AIF, 1916. Collection consists of one letter written by Private Thomas Francis Maher in December 1916, to his br...
Maker: Marrinon, Joseph Patrick VidalPAPERS OF PRIVATE MARRINON INCLUDING LETTERS WRITTEN AND RECEIVED WHILE IN DULMEN POW CAMP, VARIOUS IDENTITY TAGS AND PASSES, HIS PAY BOOK, A NEWSPAPER CUTTING, OFFICIAL LETTERS TO HIS FAMILY RE HIS R...