Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has video (1)
related places (6)
- Africa: Egypt (1)
- Europe: France, Haute-Normandie, Seine Maritime, Rouen (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Pas de Calais (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: Western Front (1)
Charles C. Fisher relates his experiences as a private with 5th Battalion AIF during the First World War
Maker: Fisher, Charles C Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State Office Fisher, Charles CCharles Fisher discusses: early life; prewar employment; enlistment March 1916; training in Egypt; complete training at Etaples; wounded at Pozieres; battle at St Martin's Wood; reaction to Armistice;...
Maker: McKenzie, Clive Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeDiscusses: early life; enlistment March 1916; family's reaction to enlistment; impressions of France; extreme cold; lack of rations in front line; Albert and meeting a civilian girl; wounded at Bullec...
Maker: Marlborough StudiosStudio portrait of 1951 Private (Pte) John Harbinger Gibbs, 5th Battalion, of Colac, Vic. A student prior to enlistment, Pte Gibbs embarked with the 5th Reinforcements from Melbourne on HMAT Hororata ...