Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
related places (25)
- Europe: Western Front (8)
- Africa: Egypt, North Egypt, Mena (5)
- Africa: South Africa (3)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Combles Area, Fricourt (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Combles Area, Mametz (2)
- Middle East (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (2)
- Africa: Egypt (1)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo (1)
- Europe: France (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Caudry (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Le Cateau (1)
- Europe: France, Paris (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Aisne (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area, Ville-sur-Ancre (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Peronne (1)
- Europe: Germany, Bavaria (1)
- Europe: Germany, Prussia (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire, Salisbury Plain (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Tasmania, Devonport (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria (1)
- Unknown (7)
- Military contractor (4)
- Unknown Australian Official Photographer (4)
- Various (2)
- Birdwood, William Riddell (1)
- Bridges, William Throsby (1)
- Commonwealth Government Harness Factory (1)
- Curran, James (1)
- Dickinson, "Archie" (1)
- Frankland, George Rupert (1)
- Haworth, Paul Eugene (1)
- Mallett, Ross (1)
- Monash, John (1)
- Plane, Leslie Garfield (1)
- Streeton, Arthur Ernest (1)
- War Department (1)
Maker: Unknown Australian Official PhotographerAn Australian Infantry Band playing outside Corps Headquarters in the Chateau at Henencourt, in France, in January 1917. Snow has recently fallen and the men are wearing great coats.
PhotographAustralian infantry marching during a dust storm, which is known in Egypt as a 'Khamseen'.
PhotographAustralian infantrymen parade along Queen Street a few days prior to embarking on SS Rangatira for overseas service on 24 September 1914. On Saturday afternoon 19th September 1914, a force of over 200...
Maker: Unknown Australian Official PhotographerAustralian infantry on the muddy road from Fricourt to Mametz. Snow can be seen in the background.
Maker: Curran, JamesHonours thesis focussing on the response of the First AIF to Paris when they took leave there between 1916 and 1919.
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1897 Infantry Officer Sword. The hilt has a nickel plated three quarter 'scroll' pattern pierced sheet steel guard with the ERVII royal cypher and a wire bound fishskin grip. The strai...
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1897 Infantry Officer sword and scabbard. The hilt has a replated chromium three quarter 'scroll' pattern pierced sheet steel guard with the GVR royal cypher stamped 3MD 622 7/15. The ...
British Pattern 1897 Infantry Officer's Sword and Scabbard : Second Lieutenant S E Pierce, 1/4th Battalion Kings Own, Yorkshire Light Infantry
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1897 Infantry Officer's Sword and Scabbard. Nickel plated sheet steel guard with a crown over the GVR cypher on the front edge. The grips are brown leather bound with brass wire. The s...
Maker: Dickinson, "Archie"Three letters (1916) written by Private Dickinson to his sister from England during the First World War.
PhotographEGYPT. C. 1915. AUSTRALIAN INFANTRY ON A ROUTE MARCH ALONG THE MENA TO CAIRO ROAD.
Maker: VariousThis file contains concert programs for performances given by the Infantry units of the Australian Imperial Force during the First World War. These programs are for unit concerts held in England, Fra...
Maker: UnknownRed and yellow check, cotton fabric, signalling flag used by German Infantry. The flag is crudely made and is supported on two opposing edges by sticks that have broken in the middle. There are two k...
Maker: Haworth, Paul EugeneCorporal Paul Eugene Haworth wrote 'My personal experience at Gallipoli' while serving with the 1 Australian Infantry Brigade. An extended letter to his parents, the account spans April 1915 - August...
Maker: Unknown Australian Official PhotographerInfantry of the 5th Division, AIF, moving through the mud into the forward area in France.
Maker: UnknownSouvenir program for a theatrical performance during the First World War. This program is for a variety show held at the Empire Theatre in London on Wednesday 29 December 1915. The variety show had a ...
Maker: War Department4th South African (Scottish) Infantry Battalion Other Ranks khaki woollen Tam-o'-Shanter cap. It has a red (faded) pom pom on the top. The badge on the left side, is the general service badge worn by ...
Maker: Unknown4th South African (Scottish) Infantry Battalion Murray of Athol pattern tartan wool kilt. A pair of black painted metal buckles and short brown leather straps fasten the kilt on the right side. '16889...
March past of an Infantry Battalion at the saluting base of Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Blamey ...
Maker: Frankland, George RupertMarch past of an Infantry Battalion at the saluting base of Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Blamey during his inspection of Australian Units in Palestine.
MELBOURNE, VICTORIA. C. 1918. INFANTRYMEN WITH FIXED BAYONETS MARCHING ALONG A STREET DURING RED ...
PhotographMELBOURNE, VICTORIA. C. 1918. INFANTRYMEN WITH FIXED BAYONETS MARCHING ALONG A STREET DURING RED CROSS DAY.