Filters (5 applied)Clear All
- type : Art (remove)
- Conflict : Second World War, 1939-1945 (remove)
- has image : no (remove)
- has sound : no (remove)
- related subjects : Pilots (remove)
has video (1)
related units (8)
related places (26)
- Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory, Darwin (11)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney (6)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Point Cook (4)
- Europe: Italy (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Benalla (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Officer (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Port Moresby (2)
- Africa: North Africa (1)
- Asia: Burma (1)
- Asia: India (1)
- Asia: Singapore (1)
- Asia: Singapore, Changi (1)
- Europe: Italy, Apulia, Foggia (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Berkshire (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Middle East (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Rathmines (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Richmond (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, North Queensland, Townsville (1)
- Oceania: Australia, South Australia, Salisbury, Parafield (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Wewak (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, Central Bougainville, Torokina (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, Central Bougainville, Torokina, Piva Airstrip (1)
- Adams, Dennis (10)
- Baird, John (10)
- Dargie, William (8)
- Goodchild, John (4)
- Aria, George Aubrey (2)
- Bush, Charles (2)
- Ragless, Max (2)
- Allinson, G W (1)
- Ashton, Richard (1)
- Campbell, Edward Stewart (1)
- Ewers, Ray (1)
- Hinder, Frank (1)
- Hodgkinson, Frank (1)
- John Galizia and Sons (1)
- Mahony, Will (1)
- Mellon, Eleanor (1)
- Pidgeon, William Edwin (WEP) (1)
- Rowed, Reg (1)
- Smith, David (1)
- Tribe, Barbara (1)
Maker: Adams, DennisDepicts a Boston Bomber taking off.
Maker: Ewers, RayFigure of an airman in uniform, carrying a parachute. This sculpture was created as a souvenir for sale through the Australian War Memorial. There is a large scale version of this sculpture in the N...
Maker: Baird, JohnTwo American bomber pilots are depicted playing cards and smoking on board a flight to Darwin.
Maker: Baird, JohnA portrait of an American Pilot on board a Douglas Dakota DC3 aircraft, with the interior of the cabin shown in some detail behind him.
Maker: Adams, DennisThe pilot in the cockpit canopy of Sikorsky-Kingfisher thrusts forward the control column and dives his aircraft.
Maker: Ragless, MaxAn Australian Beaufighter in flight. Seen from the air, far below the coastline and landscape are also visible.
Maker: Dargie, WilliamScene of members of the 450 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force, standing and looking at they sky. Dargie noted, "Standing on a wrecked German plane, the Intelligence Officer of the Squadron scans t...
Maker: Adams, Dennis'Bomb Dive' attempts to express the tense vibrant moment of an aircraft hurtling and screaming downward. It is a life-size composition. In the artist's words: "The suggestion of an aircraft cockpit is...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamA pilot standing on a wing of a Kittyhawk plane, looking into and checking the cockpit. Dargie noted, "The pilots' life may depend on his R.T. It must be perfect before he leaves the ground, and the ...
Maker: Baird, JohnA portrait of Flight Lieutenant Clive Caldwell (402107), RAAF, looking ahead as he stands leaning against a mantle piece. Behind him on the wall is a boar's head mounted on bamboo. Flight Lt Caldwell ...
Maker: Baird, JohnCockpit study of Wing Commander Clive 'Killer' Caldwell's fighter plane, No. 452 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force.
Maker: Mahony, WillPublished in the Daily Telegraph the day after D-Day; British aircraft and flotilla are on the move. 'Coat-tailing' may refer to the British following the lead of the United States.
Maker: Hinder, FrankThis drawing was made at the Richmond Air Base. The title 'colour tests' indicates that the artist and camofleur, Frank Hinder, was testing colours on aircraft. Three men attend to the aircraft while ...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamDamaged Kittyhawk on Escarpment Drome. This plane crashed landed upside down. The pilot walked away unhurt, Libya.
Maker: Adams, DennisThe procedures known as 'briefing' and 'de-briefing' were part of an airman's lot. Briefing occured shortly before an air operation - whether small or massive - when the participating crews were assem...
Maker: Pidgeon, William Edwin (WEP)Depicts a number of figures; some sleeping, some dozing and other reading and reclining in deck chairs, in a dispersal hut, during the Second World War. William Edwin Pidgeon (1909-1981), known as 'WE...
Maker: Hodgkinson, FrankAn airman is shown climbing into (or out of) the cockpit of a single winged aircraft. he is wearing a flying suit with cap and headset.
Maker: Goodchild, JohnMade from an impression during a flight from Point Cook to Benalla in an Oxford aircraft, Victoria.
Maker: Adams, DennisFlying Officer Neil (Dingle) Gordon McKernan, RAAF, was a pilot of No.3 Squadron. This portrait was painted whilst the squadron was at Vasto, Italy.
Maker: Goodchild, JohnThis was painted with a view to recording the beginning of a night landing. Of all actions in aircraft, landing may be regarded as priority No. 1, as in this the airman takes the greatest pride. The m...