Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- type : Art (remove)
- related subjects : Group portraits (remove)
- has sound : no (remove)
- Conflict : Second World War, 1939-1945 (remove)
has video (1)
related units (19)
- Royal Australian Air Force (5)
- Netherlands East Indies Forces (2)
- No. 22 Squadron (2)
- Royal Air Force (2)
- South West Pacific Area (2)
- 115 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 2/12th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Imperial Force (1)
- Australian Women's Army Service (1)
- No. 2 Squadron (1)
- No. 466 Squadron (1)
- RAF Bomber Command (1)
- Royal Australian Artillery (1)
- Royal Australian Engineers (1)
- United States Army (1)
- United States Navy (1)
- Voluntary Aid Detachments (1)
- Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
- Women's Royal Australian Naval Service (1)
related places (21)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Officer (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory, Darwin (3)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies, Java (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Port Moresby (2)
- Asia: Borneo (1)
- Asia: Borneo, Tarakan (1)
- Asia: Burma (1)
- Asia: India (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies, Halmahera Island, Morotai Island (1)
- Asia: Singapore, Changi (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Yorkshire, Driffield (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Heidelberg (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Warragul (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Western Australia, Exmouth Gulf, Learmonth (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Huon Peninsula, Ramu River Finisterre Ranges Area, Finisterre Ranges (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Bismarck Archipelago, Bismarck Sea (1)
A Boston crew, 22 Squadron, RAAF (Flight Sergeant Alexander Mackay, Sergeant Phoenix, Wing Commander Charles Learmonth)
Maker: Hodgkinson, RoyFlight Sergeant Alexander Mackay, Sergeant Phoenix (?), and the Commanding Charles Learmonth, 22 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force are seen walking to aircraft to take off from Ward's Drome to bomb...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamThe monsoon is over and on the first fine day the pilots are down at the strip to check up on the condition of their planes. In this sketch the pilot warms up his engine. A member of his ground crew, ...
Maker: Hodgkinson, RoySeen sitting on the ships raft are, left Sapper D. Bryant, 2/4th Australian Field Company, Royal Australian Engineers; centre, an American sapper of 43 U.S.A Engineers; right, Sapper R.Lewis, and back...
Maker: Jones, Vernon2nd Australian Imperial Force, United States Army Air Force; included in work are: Lieutenant General Sir Leslie Morshead, Commanding 1 Australian Corps, Major General G F Wootten, General Commanding ...
Crew of Hudson Bomber on return from Ambon attack (Sergeants Mossop, Frith, Madin, Flight Lieutenant Ian McCombe and Flight Sergeant Baker)
Maker: Hodgkinson, Royl-r: Sergeant Mossop, Wireless rear-gunner, Sergeant Firth, wireless air-gunner, Sergeant Madin, observer/ navigator/ bomb aimer, 250813 Flight Lieutenant (later Squadron Leader, DFC) Ian A McCombe, p...
Maker: Hanke, HenryDepicts four Australian Women's Army Servicewomen (AWAS). l-r: Private Veronica Walker, Corporal Inez Broom, Driver P Channey, front: Sergeant Carmichael.
Maker: Dargie, WilliamDepicts an unidentified airman, sailor and soldier of the Netherlands East Indies Forces. Note that while the sailor and air force officer appear to be Europeans, the soldier of the Royal Netherlands ...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamVoluntary Aid Detachments; l-r: Jean Morrison (Mess uniform), May Goulding (winter uniform), Connie Lang (nursing uniform) and Joan Treloar (summer uniform), VADs, 115 Australian General Hospital.
Halifax crew, Driffield (J Venning, C J Challis, J McCarthy, J Nicholas, G Robinson, J Good and H O Stenborg)
Maker: Bowen, StellaThe crew members of a Halifax stationed at Driffield; left to right top to bottom: Jack Venning DFC, rear gunner, Flying Officer Colin J Challis DFC, mid upper gunner, Flying Officer Jack McCarthy DFC...
Interrogation scene (Squadron Leader Cuthbertson Learmonth, Captain Ray Hodgson, Flying Officer Harold Rowell, Flying Officer Vernon Hunt)
Maker: Hodgkinson, RoyScene in the Intelligence room of a squadron after the return of crews from a mission. Included in the picture are:- 385 Squadron Leader (later Wing Commander) Charles Cuthbertson, DFC, No 22 Squadron...
Maker: Hodgkinson, RoyDepicts Lieutenant D.N.B Brown and Sergeant J. Ash. Lieutenant D.N.B Brown, section commander of Anti-Aircraft, Light Machine Gun Section, 14th Australian Anti-Aircraft Battery who were defending the ...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamPortraits of three unidentified men from the 2/12th Australian Infantry Battalion at the Finisterre Range, New Guinea.
Maker: Griffin, MurrayAllegorical drawing depicting horror and futility of war, and the equality of foes in death. Allied soldier Corporal Smith lies next to Japanese soldier Corporal Shokatasi in the foreign jungle of Mal...
Maker: Baird, JohnGroup portrait depicting some of the airmen from No 2 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force, casually seated around with a poster of a nude woman seen pinned up on the wall behind. From left to right: ...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamIn this study for the painting 'Group of Dutch servicemen', William Dargie has recorded the typical appearance of men of the three Dutch military services in Australia. While the sailor and air force ...
Maker: Abbott, HaroldDepicts three volunteers of the Volunteer defence Corps; Private Jennyns (left) worked for essential industry, Sergeant Gibson (centre) was in permanent forces and served in the First World War, and S...
Maker: Hanke, HenryDepicts Third Officer Joan Cowie (standing) and Telegraphist Walton, of the Women's Royal Australian Naval Service (WRANS) at a wireless set with Walton wearing headphones.