Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- type : Art (remove)
- related subjects : Pilots (remove)
- Conflict : Second World War, 1939-1945 (remove)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related units (13)
- Royal Australian Air Force (31)
- Royal Air Force (4)
- No. 3 Squadron (2)
- Mechanical equipment units (1)
- No. 134 Squadron (RAF) (1)
- No. 258 Squadron (RAF) (1)
- No. 456 Squadron (1)
- No. 466 Squadron (1)
- RAAF Point Cook (1)
- RAAF training units (1)
- RAF Fighter Command (1)
- Royal New Zealand Air Force (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
related places (34)
- Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory, Darwin (14)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney (7)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya (4)
- Asia: Burma (4)
- Asia: India (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Point Cook (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Officer (4)
- Europe: Italy (3)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (3)
- Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Benalla (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Port Moresby (2)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Bismarck Archipelago, New Britain, Gazelle Peninsula, Rabaul Area, Rabaul (2)
- Africa: North Africa (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Bardia Area, Gambut (1)
- Asia: Singapore (1)
- Asia: Singapore, Changi (1)
- Europe: Italy, Apulia, Foggia (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Berkshire (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Bristol (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Middle East (1)
- Middle East: Syria (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Rathmines (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Richmond (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, North Queensland, Townsville (1)
- Oceania: Australia, South Australia, Salisbury, Parafield (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Wewak (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, Central Bougainville, Torokina (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, Central Bougainville, Torokina, Piva Airstrip (1)
- Adams, Dennis (14)
- Dargie, William (12)
- Baird, John (10)
- Goodchild, John (5)
- Hodgkinson, Roy (3)
- Aria, George Aubrey (2)
- Bush, Charles (2)
- John Galizia and Sons (2)
- Ragless, Max (2)
- Santa, Yasushi (2)
- Tribe, Barbara (2)
- Allinson, G W (1)
- Ashton, Richard (1)
- Campbell, Edward Stewart (1)
- Colahan, Colin (1)
- Ewers, Ray (1)
- Freedman, Harold (1)
- Hinder, Frank (1)
- Hodgkinson, Frank (1)
- Mahony, Will (1)
- Mellon, Eleanor (1)
- Moore, Alan (1)
- Pidgeon, William Edwin (WEP) (1)
- Rowed, Reg (1)
- Smith, David (1)
Maker: Adams, DennisDepicts a Boston Bomber taking off.
Maker: Ewers, RayFigure of an airman in uniform, carrying a parachute. This sculpture was created as a souvenir for sale through the Australian War Memorial. There is a large scale version of this sculpture in the N...
Maker: Baird, JohnTwo American bomber pilots are depicted playing cards and smoking on board a flight to Darwin.
Maker: Baird, JohnA portrait of an American Pilot on board a Douglas Dakota DC3 aircraft, with the interior of the cabin shown in some detail behind him.
Maker: Hodgkinson, RoyOriginally titled 'Australian Aborigines rescue shot down U.S. pilot'. Depicts the story associated with the rescue of 2nd Lieutenant Clarence T Johnson, 7th Squadron, 49th Fighter group, USA. On 15 J...
Maker: Adams, DennisThe pilot in the cockpit canopy of Sikorsky-Kingfisher thrusts forward the control column and dives his aircraft.
Maker: Ragless, MaxAn Australian Beaufighter in flight. Seen from the air, far below the coastline and landscape are also visible.
Maker: Dargie, WilliamScene of members of the 450 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force, standing and looking at they sky. Dargie noted, "Standing on a wrecked German plane, the Intelligence Officer of the Squadron scans t...
Maker: Adams, DennisDepicts a portrait of an unidentified observer, part of interior of Beaufighter.
Maker: Adams, DennisDean Stanton, an Australian RAAF pilot with the 37 Squadron RAF was painted by Adams getting some rest, hours before the night's bomber command operation in Serignola, Italy. He has pulled his leathe...
Maker: Adams, Dennis'Bomb Dive' attempts to express the tense vibrant moment of an aircraft hurtling and screaming downward. It is a life-size composition. In the artist's words: "The suggestion of an aircraft cockpit is...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamA pilot standing on a wing of a Kittyhawk plane, looking into and checking the cockpit. Dargie noted, "The pilots' life may depend on his R.T. It must be perfect before he leaves the ground, and the ...
Maker: Baird, JohnA portrait of Flight Lieutenant Clive Caldwell (402107), RAAF, looking ahead as he stands leaning against a mantle piece. Behind him on the wall is a boar's head mounted on bamboo. Flight Lt Caldwell ...
Maker: Baird, JohnCockpit study of Wing Commander Clive 'Killer' Caldwell's fighter plane, No. 452 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force.
Maker: Mahony, WillPublished in the Daily Telegraph the day after D-Day; British aircraft and flotilla are on the move. 'Coat-tailing' may refer to the British following the lead of the United States.
Maker: Hinder, FrankThis drawing was made at the Richmond Air Base. The title 'colour tests' indicates that the artist and camofleur, Frank Hinder, was testing colours on aircraft. Three men attend to the aircraft while ...
Maker: Dargie, WilliamDamaged Kittyhawk on Escarpment Drome. This plane crashed landed upside down. The pilot walked away unhurt, Libya.
Maker: Adams, DennisThe procedures known as 'briefing' and 'de-briefing' were part of an airman's lot. Briefing occured shortly before an air operation - whether small or massive - when the participating crews were assem...
Maker: Pidgeon, William Edwin (WEP)Depicts a number of figures; some sleeping, some dozing and other reading and reclining in deck chairs, in a dispersal hut, during the Second World War. William Edwin Pidgeon (1909-1981), known as 'WE...
Maker: Hodgkinson, FrankAn airman is shown climbing into (or out of) the cockpit of a single winged aircraft. he is wearing a flying suit with cap and headset.