Filters (5 applied)Clear All
- type : Film (remove)
- has image : no (remove)
- has video : no (remove)
- related subjects : Parades (remove)
- Is a Last Post Film : No (remove)
has sound (1)
related units (65)
- Royal Australian Air Force (7)
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (7)
- United States Army (4)
- Air Training Corps (3)
- Bands (3)
- National Emergency Services (3)
- 1 Armoured Division (2)
- 16 Battalion (2)
- Citizen Military Forces (2)
- HMAS Canberra (1928 - 1942) (2)
- Italian Army (2)
- Japan (British Commonwealth Occupation Force) (13 February 1946 - 28 April 1952) (2)
- Pacific Islands Regiment (2)
- Polish Forces (2)
- RAAF Point Cook (2)
- Royal Australian Navy (2)
- Transport ships (2)
- Voluntary Aid Detachments (2)
- Volunteer Defence Corps (2)
- 1 Battalion Royal Australian Regiment (1)
- 11 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 17 Brigade (1)
- 2 Australian Division (1)
- 2/27th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 27th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Imperial Force (1)
- 34 Brigade Group (1)
- 37 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 39th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment (1)
- 43 Battalion (1)
- 56th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 61 Battalion (1)
- Australian Army Nursing Service (1)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (1)
- Australian Women's Army Service (1)
- British Army (1)
- Cavalry units (1)
- Cavalry units (W2 period) (1)
- Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (1)
- Empire Air Training Scheme (1)
- Field Ambulances (1)
- Flinders Naval Depot (1)
- French Army (1)
- German Army (1)
- German navy ships (1)
- Imperial Japanese Army (1)
- Italian Air Force (1)
- Italian Fascist Party (1)
- New Zealand Army (1)
- No. 21 Squadron (1)
- RAAF Wagga Wagga (1)
- RAAF schools of technical training (1)
- RAAF wings (1)
- RAN Destroyers (1)
- Royal Navy (1)
- Royal New Zealand Navy (1)
- Russian Forces (1)
- Salvation Army (1)
- US Army Nurse Corps (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
- United States Navy (1)
- United States Navy ships (1)
- Women's Rescue Emergency Naval Service (1)
- Women's units (1)
related places (6)
- Cinesound (9)
- Fox Movietone News (8)
- Movietone News (4)
- Parer, Damien Peter (2)
- Unknown (2)
- Bagnall, Frank N (1)
- Carty, William Montague (1)
- Chittleborough, J D (1)
- Driver, Roy (1)
- Ford, John Alfred (1)
- Garrett, Richard (1)
- Hall, Kenneth George (1)
- Kemley, J D (1)
- Military History Section, BCOF (1)
- Mote, Gordon (1)
- Stark, Amy Gwendoline (1)
- Taylor, B (1)
- Thompson, Geoffrey (1)
- United States Army (1)
- United States Army Signal Corps (1)
Film[Activities of the 16 Battalion AIF New Britain]
Maker: Movietone NewsSouth Australians of the 2nd AIF parade through the Streets of Adelaide. Governor Sir Malcolm Bartley-Harvey takes the salute. The parade almost ends in an enthusiastic riot by the spectators.
Maker: United States Army Signal CorpsIntroduction reads: 'Official film of the Corps of Signals taken under action and service conditions in France. Especially released by the War Department to the Eastman Kodak Company for the 2nd Amer...
Maker: Military History Section, BCOFIndependence Day was celebrated by the Americans in remembrance of the signing of the US Declaration of Independence. This year's celebration was joined by the men of BCOF as freedom loving peoples of...
1. Anti-tank guns made in Australia 2. Air training corps has field day. (Fox Movietone News Vol. 13 No. 14)
Film1. (1 min 41 sec) Anti-tank guns made in Australia go through their paces before being sent into battle 2. (2 min 12 sec) Air Training Corps members parade before Wing Commander Elliott, inspect bombe...
1. Armoured division on parade 2. Newsbriefs: Lady Gowrie in Sydney - General Macarthur and PM in Melbourne. (Cinesound News No. 556)
Maker: CinesoundExtracts from Cinesound newsreel No. 556. 1. (1 min 46 sec) American tanks demonstrate before a big parade which is inspected by Generals Blamey and Robertson 2. (35 sec) Sydney, NSW. Lady Gowrie tac...
Film50 Bren Gun carriers parade through Sydney streets.
FilmAir Training Corps (ATC) 21 Squadron, Melbourne University Squadron, held a second birthday parade. The Director of Air Training Corps, Group Captain R.R. Radford, M.M. inspected the parade, took the ...
1. Aussies return from Japanese occupied countries, yachting training for future airmen 2. Women at war - WAAAF (Fox Movietone News Vol. 13 No. 22)
Maker: Fox Movietone NewsExtracts from Fox Movietone News Vol. 13 No. 22 1. (1 min 43 sec) Aussies return from Japanese occupied countries, how or when, nobody tells. Yachting training for future airmen (air training corps) 2...
1. Australian war loan has America's practical support 2. Australian heroes receive medals for gallantry 3. What rubber means to Australia 4. Bushmen answer call for mounted VDC guerillas. (Fox Movietone News Vol. 13 No. 27)
Maker: Fox Movietone News1. (1 min 50 sec) US Air Corps and nursing units parade at Sydney rally, Colonel Harry Cullings, CMG of American Army speaks 2. (48 sec) Governor-General decorates Lieutenant Arthur Roden Cutler with ...
Maker: Unknown[61 Battalion "The Cameron Highlanders" parade in Brisbane c1930s]
FilmSydney show ground, 300 men of the British Expeditionary Force who were guards on the SS Dunera parade in tribute to the heroes of Britain.
Film1. (1 min 28 sec) Brisbane entertains troops with a small agricultural show including a cattle parade, sheepdog trials and wood chop event 2. (52 sec) Captured German film showing rocket artillery in ...
1. Climb aboard the carrier - and you're in the AIF 2. For women in uniform. (Cinesound News No. 502)
Maker: CinesoundExtracts from Cinesound newsreel No. 502. Item 1. (44 sec) Brigadier General Lloyd has a few words to say on recruiting. Item 2. (58 sec) Sydney, NSW. three thousand women on parade, Lady Gowrie take...
FilmThe Air Training Corps is the cradle from which flows the splendid young manhood of the Royal Australian Air Force. This film presents some of the history and much of the activities of No. 5 Wing West...
Film1. (1 min) Americans and Australians parade through Sydney 2. (1 min) Minister Heffron calls for volunteers to enroll in the National Emergency Service Cycle Corps.
1. Doughboys celebrate "glorious fourth" 2. Guerrillas get tough 3. Naval officers in the making. (Cinesound News No. 558)
Film1. (2 min 5 sec) The Yanks celebrate in Australia with football, basketball and boxing 2. (2 min 28 sec) Potential Physical Training (PT) instructors at an army school 3. (3 min) At the Royal Australi...
Maker: Ford, John AlfredThe Duke of Kent, here to open the South Pacific Games, visited Taurama Barracks, Port Moresby, home of the 1st Battalion, Pacific Islands Regiment this week. The Duke, a major in the British Army's R...
Maker: Fox Movietone NewsReinforcements for the Maori Battalion training in New Zealand. The men on parade, at bayonet practice, marches and singing the 'Maori Battalion' song.
Maker: Driver, Roy25-Pounder guns fire on Japanese positions in the Finisterre Ranges in support of Australian troops. Papuan Infantry Battalion resting in the Ramu Valley after playing their part in the famous drive a...