Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- type : Film (remove)
- Is a Last Post Film : No (remove)
- related subjects : Horses (remove)
- has image : no (remove)
has sound (1)
related units (65)
- Cavalry units (W2 period) (3)
- Despatch riders (2)
- Free French Forces (2)
- German Army (2)
- Royal Australian Air Force (2)
- United States Air Force (2)
- United States Army (2)
- 1 Independent Light Horse Squadron (1)
- 10 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 13 Brigade (1)
- 14 Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 17 Brigade (1)
- 18 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 1st Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment (1)
- 2 Australian Division (1)
- 2 Pack Transport Company (1)
- 2/2nd Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 2/33rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/6th Field Regiment (1)
- 21 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 24 Battery Australian Field Artillery (1)
- 3rd Australian Light Horse Brigade (1)
- 46th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5 Pack Transport Company (1)
- 6 Australian Division (1)
- 7 Australian Division (1)
- 77 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 9 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 9th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- Armoured units (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Artillery units (1)
- Australian Army (1)
- Australian Government agencies (1)
- Australian Militia (1)
- Bands (1)
- British Army (1)
- British Indian Army (1)
- Canadian Army (1)
- Cavalry units (1)
- Citizen Military Forces (1)
- French Army (1)
- German Air Force (1)
- German navy ships (1)
- Imperial Japanese Army (1)
- Independent companies (1)
- Italian Army (1)
- Japan (British Commonwealth Occupation Force) (13 February 1946 - 28 April 1952) (1)
- Japanese navy ships (1)
- Medical, Dental and Nursing (1)
- New Zealand Army (1)
- No. 2 Squadron RAAF (1)
- North Australian Observer Unit (1)
- Polish Forces (1)
- Remount (1)
- Royal Australian Navy (1)
- Salvation Army (1)
- Supplies and transport units (1)
- Transport ships (1)
- Turkish Army (1)
- United States Navy (1)
- United States Navy ships (1)
- Vichy French Forces (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (1)
related places (6)
- Unknown (6)
- Parer, Damien Peter (5)
- Movietone News (4)
- Cinesound (2)
- Hurley, James Francis (Frank) (2)
- Kinna, Darrell (2)
- Artransa Park Television Pty Ltd (1)
- Bagnall, Frank N (1)
- Baldwin, Herbert Frederick (1)
- Baxter-Cox, Alfred Richard (1)
- Bean, Charles Edwin Woodrow (C E W) (1)
- Carter, Raymond Stewart Norton (1)
- Conway, Harold (1)
- Davis, Neil Brian (1)
- Deutsche Filmherstellungs und Verwaltungsgesellschaft (1)
- Driver, Roy (1)
- Hippler, Fritz (1)
- Joyce, William Henry (1)
- Look Television Productions Pty Ltd (1)
- Malins, Geoffrey (1)
- McDowell, John Benjamin (1)
- Nippon Eigasha (1)
- RAAF Cine Unit (1)
- United States Army Signal Corps (1)
- Universum Film AG (1)
- Wilkins, George Hubert (1)
- Windt, Herbert (1)
Maker: RAAF Cine UnitA RAAF Cine Unit production mainly showing the recreation activities of RAAF personnel and families and general aspects of rural life in Japan during the British Commonwealth Occupation Force (BCOF) p...
Maker: United States Army Signal CorpsIntroduction reads: 'Official film of the Corps of Signals taken under action and service conditions in France. Especially released by the War Department to the Eastman Kodak Company for the 2nd Amer...
Maker: UnknownHome movie of the 1st Battalion Royal Australian Regiment (1 RAR) farewell march through Sydney before embarkation to Korea. Shows troops marching led by the NSW Mounted Police and accompanied by mar...
1. Army assault course 2. Training packhorses 3. Battle of the Solomons. (Fox Movietone News Vol. 14 No 1)
Film1. (2 min 11 sec) Troops go through assault course with sound effects 2. (1 min 38 sec) Training packhorses 3. (2 min) Solomons battle, transports at sea, barges go into landing, American plane brough...
Maker: Movietone NewsA Movietone News item. The 14th Field Artillery Brigade brings up its 4.5 inch howitzers with horses for the last time before mechanization. Location Holsworthy Camp, NSW.
Maker: UnknownRemount handling at Maribyrnong depot showing horse types, branding, shoeing, veterinary treatment and loading on the transport ship SS Gracchus.
Maker: Driver, RoyDuring the wet season tracks to army outposts become too boggy for motor convoys. To overcome this difficulty the army are rounding up wild donkeys to be trained as pack animals. These donkeys are rat...
Maker: Baldwin, Herbert Frederick Malins, Geoffrey McDowell, John Benjamin Bean, Charles Edwin Woodrow (C E W)British official film taken at the request of Australian authorities shows the Prime Minister the Right Honourable William Morris (Billy) Hughes and High Commissioner of Australia visit to the Western...
Maker: Kinna, DarrellBrief coverage of care and training of mules for pack transport work by 2 Australian Pack Transport Company.
Film5 Australian Pack Transport Company AIF on training exercise from Allandale to Barrington Trig. and return via Williams River, NSW.
FilmBroadmeadows Camp, Victoria 1914. Enlistees march into camp. Uniforms, personal equipment and rifles are issued. Washing clothing. Setting up tents. Machine gunners set up Vickers guns. Gunners ...
Colonel in pony drawn cart leads Khmer troops into Communist territory (Visnews production number 14265-71)
Maker: Davis, Neil BrianA Khmer battalion led by a colonel in a pony-drawn cart edged cautiously into communist territory last Monday (29 November) just north of the capital of Phnom Penh. The day before the battalion lost 2...
Maker: Kinna, DarrellLieutenant General L Morshead KCB KBE CMG DSO ED on dias at Saluting Base. Major General G A Vasey CB CBE DSO speaking with officers on racecourse.
Maker: Universum Film AGA German army training film produced by Universum Film AG (UFA). Shows a German horse drawn artillery battery in action on an exercise. Procedures in setting up the 10.5cm leFH 18 field guns, observat...
Maker: Parer, Damien PeterIn June 1941 Damien Parer of the Australian Photographic Unit followed in the path of advancing units of the Allied Force (including the 7th Australian Division) which invaded Syria. Scenes record the...
Maker: Hippler, Fritz Windt, Herbert Deutsche Filmherstellungs und VerwaltungsgesellschaftGerman propaganda film in a documentary style on the invasion of Poland, September 1939 using combat footage. Opens with statement of Polish armed strength and war aims showing various arms and equipm...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank) Wilkins, George HubertThis film deals with the participation of the Australian troops in the third battle of Ypres during the autumn of 1917. Scenes include Australians preparing for the attack; being reviewed by Sir Doug...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)Damascus area, Syria, September 1941. Three units of the Free French Forces in Syria -the 14th Escadron Tcherkess (The Circassians), the 3rd Battalion Du Levant and the Pacific Battalion consisting of...
Maker: UnknownThe late Major General Sir William Throsby Bridges KCB, CMG, General Officer Commanding the 1st Division Australian Imperial Force mortally wounded at Anzac Gallipoli on 15 May 1915 died on the way to...
Maker: Joyce, William HenryGroup photograph of General Sir Henry Rawlinson and staff. The General briefing his staff and scenes around Australian artillery lines.