Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- type : Film (remove)
- Conflict : Second World War, 1939-1945 (remove)
- related subjects : Carrier machine-gun (remove)
has image (1)
has sound (1)
Is a Last Post Film (1)
related units (76)
- 6 Australian Division (5)
- 1 Armoured Division (4)
- 8 Australian Division (4)
- 9 Australian Division (4)
- British 8th Army (3)
- Imperial Japanese Army (3)
- 7 Australian Division (2)
- British Army (2)
- Despatch riders (2)
- Hospitals (2)
- Ministry of Information (UK) (2)
- Transport ships (2)
- Vichy French Forces (2)
- 10 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 13 Light Anti Aircraft Regiment (1)
- 16th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 18 Brigade (1)
- 2/1 Field Workshops (1)
- 2/10 Armoured Regiment (1)
- 2/10th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/11th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/12th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/13th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/14th Field Regiment (1)
- 2/18th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/19th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/1st Field Regiment (1)
- 2/2 Field Company (1)
- 2/20th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/23rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/24th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/29th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/2nd Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 2/33rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/4 Field Workshops (1)
- 2/6th Field Regiment (1)
- 26 Brigade (1)
- 2nd Australian Imperial Force (1)
- 4 Armoured Brigade (1)
- 4 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 56th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 6th Australian Division Cavalry Regiment (1)
- 7th Australian Division Cavalry Regiment (1)
- Anti aircraft units (1)
- Anti tank units (1)
- Australian Comforts Fund (1)
- Australian New Guinea Administrative Unit (1)
- Australian Women's Service (1)
- Canadian Army (1)
- Casualty clearing stations (1)
- Cavalry regiments (1)
- Department of Information (1)
- Empire Air Training Scheme (1)
- Field regiments (1)
- Free French Forces (1)
- General Hospitals (1)
- German Army (1)
- HMAS Canberra (1928 - 1942) (1)
- HMAS Melville (Darwin) (1)
- Indian Army (1)
- Italian Air Force (1)
- No. 1 Squadron (1)
- No. 454 Squadron (1)
- Polish Forces (1)
- Provost units (1)
- Railway construction units (1)
- Railway operating units (1)
- Royal Air Force (1)
- Royal Navy (1)
- Salvage units (1)
- Turkish Army (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
- United States Army (1)
- United States Marine Corps (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (1)
- Z Special Unit (1)
related places (14)
- Asia: Singapore (2)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo, Gezira (1)
- Africa: Egypt, North Egypt, Giza (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Barce (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Benghazi (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Derna (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Tobruk Area (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), Ikingi Maryut (1)
- Asia: China, Hong Kong (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies, Sumatra (1)
- Europe: France, Champagne-Ardenne, Ardennes (1)
- Europe: France, Normandy (1)
- Oceania: New Zealand (1)
- Hurley, James Francis (Frank) (7)
- Parer, Damien Peter (4)
- Bagnall, Frank N (3)
- Fox Movietone News (3)
- Military History Section (3)
- Army Kinematography Services (2)
- Rintel, David Leslie (2)
- Unknown (2)
- Aikin, Hamilton (1)
- Cross, Clive (1)
- Department of Information (1)
- Edwards, Reg J (1)
- Fulton, Edward Thomas Whyte (1)
- Hall, Kenneth George (1)
- Lea, Richard Henry Maclure (1)
- Lewis, Wallace Chaurel (1)
- March of Time Television (1)
- Monro, Ronald Keith (1)
- Mote, Gordon (1)
- Munro, Kenneth John (1)
- Nicholas, Bert (1)
- Nichols, Melmer Frank (1)
- Nippon Eigasha (1)
- Pentreath, Albert Stanley (1)
- RAF Film Unit (1)
- Sheldon-Collins, Francis (1)
- Shepherd, William (1)
- Smith, Arthur G (1)
- Training Technology Centre Australian Army (1)
- Trerise, John William (1)
- Wall, Donald (1)
FilmContains scenes from official Department of Information film F01171. Commentary, Charles Lawrence Cinesound Review. Singapore, bomb damage, fire fighting, bren gun carrier, Indian troops in trucks, 25...
1. Air League Cadets march, Melbourne 2. Hurricane Aircraft 3. RAAF boxing 4. Australia's new armoured division in the making. (Fox Movietone News Vol. 12 No. 38)
Maker: Fox Movietone News1. (39 sec) Air League Cadets march to the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne 2. (1 min 11 sec) Hurricane fighter aircraft in flight, and inspection by Group Captain Arthur Henry Cobby 3. (1 min 52 sec)...
Maker: March of Time TelevisionA United States television documentary using historic combat and newsreel footage. Covers the Japanese conquests in the Malaya, Hong Kong and the Netherland East Indies in early 1942. Shows Japanese f...
1. Anti-tank practice with new automatic tin hare target 2. Melbourne pays tribute to untried soldiers and seasoned veterans. (Cinesound News No. 515)
Film1. (2 min) Puckapunyal, Vic. A section of the new armoured division goes into action in realistic exercises. Manouevres with Bren Gun carriers. A Crusader tank. Vickers medium tanks on gunnery range f...
Maker: Fox Movietone NewsExtracts from Fox Movietone News newsreel Vol. 12 No. 46. 1. (1 min 16 sec) Melbourne, Armoured Division parade in support of war loan 2. (3 min 52 sec) RAAF trainees of the Empire Air Training Schem...
Film50 Bren Gun carriers parade through Sydney streets.
1. Australian inventor creates new miracle gun 2. Bren carrier manufacture, Newport Vic. (Fox Movietone News Vol. 12 No. 43)
Maker: Fox Movietone News1. (1 min 38 sec) Mr E. Owen demonstrates his sub-machine gun to the Minister for the army, Mr Spender and army chiefs . 2. (1 min 42 sec) Manufacture of Bren carriers at the railway workshops, Newpor...
Maker: Aikin, Hamilton1.(Colour) Segamat Malaya 1941, men of the 2/29 Battalion AIF marching. 2. (B&W) 2/29 Battalion AIF on parade and Bren gun carriers.
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)Australian and British troops in the Alamein area; Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry. VX46983 Brigadier Raymond Walter Tovell and 225 (NX73) Major Charles Hector Finlay of 26 Australian Infantry Brigade; G...
Maker: Trerise, John WilliamThe Commander in Chief, General Sir Thomas Blamey, reviews troops of the 6th Australian Division at a parade held on the Wondecla Show Grounds at Atherton Queensland. General Sir Thomas Blamey reviews...
Maker: Bagnall, Frank NBomb damage to Darwin Hospital; staff working in hospital. Graves of air raid victims. Soldiers preparing defence position. Local Aboriginal people.
Maker: Parer, Damien PeterBren gun carriers manoeuvre over rough desert country.
Maker: Army Kinematography ServicesMilitary training film B442 C442 made at the School of infantry, produced for the Directorate of Army Kinematography by Army Kinematography Services (AKS) Productions. This film shows tactics which sh...
Maker: Army Kinematography ServicesA Britiish military training film made at the School of Infantry, produced for the Directorate of Army Kinematography, approved November 1942. This film demonstrates method of handling a weapon carrie...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)For some months British Allied Forces and the Axis Army, lay locked in stalemate in the desert of Quatara and El Alamein. Rommel's thrust to conquer Egypt had failed, but he was massing for another d...
Maker: Military History SectionVarious shots of Syrian and Australian troops watching horse races at Beirut. Shots of the horses, jockeys and activities at the track. Trucks towing 25 pounder field guns down the road. Marching band...
Maker: Nicholas, Bert Hall, Kenneth George Shepherd, William Cross, Clive Smith, Arthur GA Department of Information film produced by Cinesound portraying four young Australian men and an ex First World War veteran before joining the Australian Military Forces; volunteering, service train...
Maker: Munro, Kenneth JohnOpen plain somewhere between Victoria River, Downs Station and Darwin, a herd of cattle in the distance. Soldiers operating Well Drilling Plant. Tents being erected at Adelaide River for Army Hospit...
Maker: Rintel, David LeslieFisherman's Bend, Victoria 9 April 1942. Coverage of demonstration and trials of Australian made Bren Gun Carriers, Scout Cars and Sentinel Cruiser Tank. Identified: Major General L E Beavis, Master...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)A training exercise for infantry in the Western Desert. Troops take up positions, repel aircraft (Gloster Gladiator) attacks and finally charge the enemy positions.