Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
Is a Last Post Film (1)
related units (38)
- 9 Australian Division (6)
- British 8th Army (6)
- German Army (4)
- 2/10th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 6 Australian Division (2)
- 7 Australian Division (2)
- Australian Comforts Fund (2)
- British Army (2)
- Italian Army (2)
- No. 3 Squadron (2)
- 18 Brigade (1)
- 2/11th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/3 Field Ambulance (1)
- 2/3rd Anti-Tank Regiment (1)
- 2nd Australian Imperial Force (1)
- 3rd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 6th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 7 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 8 Australian Division (1)
- Afrika Korps (1)
- Australian Mounted Division (1)
- Bomb disposal units (Engineers) (1)
- Cavalry regiments (1)
- Citizen Military Forces (1)
- Dental units (1)
- HMAS Sydney (1935-1941) (1)
- Hospitals (1)
- Imperial Japanese Navy (1)
- Japan (British Commonwealth Occupation Force) (13 February 1946 - 28 April 1952) (1)
- Light Horse (1)
- Royal Armoured Corps (1)
- Royal Australian Air Force (1)
- Russian Forces (1)
- Transport ships (1)
- United States Army (1)
- Voluntary Aid Detachments (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (1)
related places (28)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Tobruk Area, Tobruk (3)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), El Alamein Area, El Alamein (2)
- Africa: Egypt, Alexandria (1)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Benghazi (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Cyrene (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Tripolitana (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), Mersa Matruh (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), Sidi Barrani (1)
- Asia: Korea (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies, Halmahera Island, Morotai Island (1)
- Europe: France (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Flers (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: Germany (1)
- Europe: Italy, Sicily (1)
- Europe: Norway (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine, Beersheba (1)
- Oceania: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Mubo Salamaua Area, Salamaua (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Morobe Province, Lae (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Milne Bay (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Owen Stanley Range, Buna Area, Buna (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Owen Stanley Range, Kokoda Trail (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Wau Area, Wau (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands, Coral Sea (1)
- Unlinked Place (1)
- Hurley, James Francis (Frank) (4)
- Training Technology Centre Australian Army (3)
- Artransa Park Television Pty Ltd (2)
- Ashwood, Terry (2)
- Army Film and Photographic Unit (1)
- Australian War Memorial (1)
- Bagnall, Frank N (1)
- Bowden, Barry (1)
- Dreyfus, George (1)
- Gibbes, Robert Henry Maxwell (1)
- Glendenning, Raymond (1)
- Heidrich, H J (1)
- Howes, Oliver F (1)
- Hunter, Frank (1)
- Lye, Leonard Charles Huia (1)
- Macdonald, David (1)
- Military History Section (1)
- Monro, Ronald Keith (1)
- News from Home (1)
- RAF Film Production Unit (1)
- Thames Television International Ltd (1)
- Whitechurch, Peter (1)
FilmBomb disposal in the Western Desert. Royal Engineers bomb disposal unit receive a report that a UXB (unexploded bomb) has been dropped in a certain camp area. The bomb disposal officer is sent to inve...
Maker: Glendenning, Raymond Lye, Leonard Charles HuiaA Ministry of Information film produced by the Realist Film Unit with acknowledgement to the Newsreel companies, the Services film units and the Trustees of the Imperial War Museum. The story of Briti...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)For some months British Allied Forces and the Axis Army, lay locked in stalemate in the desert of Quatara and El Alamein. Rommel's thrust to conquer Egypt had failed, but he was massing for another d...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)Eight illustrious months at Tobruk and a highly successful campaign amid the wastes of Alamein entitled the men of the AIF to this distinction [i.e as "Conquerors of the desert"]. This film gives a fe...
Maker: Artransa Park Television Pty LtdDesert Air Force (Anzac TV Series)
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)Coverage of activities at the 7th The Australian General Hospital, Western Desert, Egypt, 27 August 1942. General view of the hospital with doctor and nurse doing the rounds. X-rays and the making of ...
Maker: Macdonald, David Army Film and Photographic Unit RAF Film Production UnitThe 8th Army's push against and the driving back of Rommel through the desert. Winner of the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature in 1943.
Maker: Thames Television International LtdNorth Africa, the Battle of El Alamein and Operation Torch.
Maker: Artransa Park Television Pty LtdEl Alamein (Anzac TV Series)
Maker: Ashwood, TerryA short coverage on the old battlefield, El Alamein, including Alamein railway station, dilapidated desert strong-points, Alamein Cemetery, captured enemy equipment, armour and vehicles, old minefield...
FilmA Castle Films production on the campaign in the Western Desert, Egypt.
FilmDental section of 2/3 Australian Field Ambulance at work in the North African Desert. (See also F01229 for Department of Information unedited footage)
Interviews with 1914-1918 war veterans Messrs Graham, Martin, Burrows & Tarrant for the 0-10 TV Series Australians at war
Maker: Heidrich, H JInterviews with four 1914-1918 war veterans for the O-10 TV series Australians at war. The veterans in order of appearance are Mr Jack Graham 6 Light Regiment, Mr Jim Martin, 6 Light Horse Regiment, M...
Maker: Training Technology Centre Australian ArmyAn interview with Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Daly produced by Army Training Command. Appointment as Adjutant of the 2/10 Battalion AIF. The type of training carried out at the formation of the batt...
Maker: Hurley, James Francis (Frank)Convoy of motor vehicles moving through the Halfaya Pass, Salum. General scenes of Bardia, Tobruk, Barce and Benghazi showing war damaged buildings and abandoned enemy equipment.
Maker: News from HomeExtracts from News From Home No. 22. Victory at El Alamein, through Hellfire Pass and on to Bardia and Tobruk (See also F01833 for unedited Department of Information footage)2. (2 min 44 sec). Russi...
FilmExtracts from News From Home No. 44. 1. (1 min 50 sec) A Cinesound item on the brighter side of Moresby is shown in this item about life in general in the islands (See also F01818 for unedited Depart...
1. New East West Road 2. WAAAF learn unarmed defence 3. Penny a plane campaign launched 4. The fighting sixth marches again. (Cinesound News No. 566)
Film1. (3 min 54 sec) A new defence road linking the Eastern Seaboard with Darwin under construction 2. (58 sec) WAAAF learn the art of self defence. 3. (1 min 17 sec) Sydney, NSW. Alderman Crick opens th...
Maker: Gibbes, Robert Henry MaxwellActivities of the members of No. 3 Squadron RAAF in the Middle East. Features No. 3 Squadron pilots and ground crew with their P-40 Kittyhawk aircraft. Official war photographers at work. A 25 Pounder...
Maker: Monro, Ronald KeithThe activities of 3 Squadron RAAF in the Western Desert. Shows Squadron personnel messing, the evacuation of casualities by air ambulance, ground crew servicing Kittyhawk aircraft and shots from a fl...