Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (8)
related units (38)
- Australian Army Medical Corps (2)
- Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (2)
- 11th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 13th Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 15th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 16 Brigade (1)
- 17 Brigade (1)
- 26th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 41st Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 51st Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 6 Australian Division (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Australian Army (1)
- Australian Army Service Corps (1)
- Australian Flying Corps (1)
- Australian Militia (1)
- Australian War Memorial (1)
- British Army (1)
- Coronation Contingent (George V) 1911 (1)
- Department of Defence (1)
- Far North Queensland Regiment (1)
- HMAS Kuttabul (Sydney) (1)
- HMAS Manoora (1939-1947) (1)
- HMAS Nambucca (1)
- HMAS Nestor (1940-1942) (1)
- HMAS Nizam (1940-1945) (1)
- HMAS Norman (1)
- HMAS Shropshire (1)
- HMAS Warrego (1940-1963) (1)
- Provost units (1)
- Queensland Military Forces (1)
- Remount units (1)
- Royal Australian Artillery (1)
- Royal Australian Naval Reserve (1)
- Royal Australian Navy (1)
- Royal Australian Signals Corps (1)
- School cadets (1)
- Victorian Military Forces (1)
related places (51)
- Oceania: Australia (10)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (7)
- Africa: Egypt (3)
- Asia: Vietnam (3)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales (3)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney (3)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland (3)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria (3)
- Oceans: Pacific Ocean, South Pacific Ocean (3)
- Africa: South Africa (2)
- Asia: Korea (2)
- Europe: France (2)
- Europe: Western Front (2)
- Mediterranean (2)
- Middle East (2)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (2)
- Oceania: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Canberra (2)
- Oceania: New Guinea (2)
- Oceans: Atlantic Ocean, North Sea (2)
- Africa: North Africa (1)
- Approximate locations: At sea (1)
- Asia (1)
- Asia: Borneo (1)
- Asia: Ceylon (1)
- Asia: Netherlands East Indies (1)
- Asia: Singapore (1)
- Europe: Austria (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Zeebrugge (1)
- Europe: Denmark (1)
- Europe: Germany (1)
- Europe: Greece (1)
- Europe: Greece, Crete (1)
- Europe: Netherlands (1)
- Europe: Norway (1)
- Europe: Sweden (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, Scotland (1)
- Mediterranean: Malta (1)
- Middle East: Israel (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Lebanon (1)
- Middle East: Syria (1)
- North & Central America: United States of America (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, North Queensland (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, North Queensland, Wondecla (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Ballarat (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Western Australia (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea (1)
- Oceania: Pacific Islands (1)
- Oceans: Indian Ocean (1)
- South America: Falkland Islands (1)
- Swinden, Gregory James (2)
- Australian Army (1)
- Bell, Jenny (1)
- Biazos, Poppy (1)
- Candy, Philip C (1)
- Fiveash, Herbert Edward (1)
- Gower, Stephen Newman 'Steve' (1)
- Hobbins, Peter (1)
- Horner, David Murray (1)
- Hurley, Gordon Edward William (1)
- Jones, George (1)
- Lynam, Mervin Lorn (1)
- Mackinlay, Gordon Angus (1)
- Melrose, Craig (1)
- Oakes, Roland Frank (1)
- Oliver, Bobbie (1)
- Pixley, Norman Stewart (1)
- RAAF Historical Section (1)
- Ricketts, H G (1)
- Ridley, Alan R (1)
- Speed (1)
- Spencer, Alex M (1)
- Starr, Lady Alison (1)
- Tregurtha, Frank Clinton MID (1)
- Webb, George Tennyson (1)
- Wilkins, John Murray (1)
- Wood, William O B E (1)
- Young, Catherine (1)
Maker: RAAF Historical SectionCopy of a typed manuscript titled: 'A Brief History of the Royal Australian Air Force'. It covers the origins and expansion of the AFC and RAAF, 1900-1939. Most chapters describe the role of the RAA...
"A Praise That Never Ages": The Australian War Memorial and the "national" interpretation of the First World War, 1922-35
Maker: Melrose, CraigPhD thesis discussing how the Australian War Memorial interpreted the First World War and what effect that interpretation had on Australia.
Maker: Spencer, Alex MBound and typed manuscript titled 'A third option: Imperial Air Defense and the Pacific Dominions, 1918-1939', written by Alex M Spencer and submitted as a dissertation to the Graduate Faculty of Aubu...
Maker: Bell, JennyManuscript titled "A Museological History of the Australian War Memorial from its Foundation to the Present Day". Discusses development of collection and exhibition policies, perception of itself as a...
Maker: Young, Catherine75 Page manuscript. The manuscript examines a number of key events from the first 20 years after federation, except the First World War. Events and periods discussed include: The visit of the 'Great W...
Maker: Swinden, Gregory JamesResearch by Commander Greg Swinden about Chief Petty Officer Erle Alwyn Greglach Boyd (1892-1970). Boyd joined the Australasian Naval Forces in 1911 and was transferred to the newly created RAN and pr...
Maker: Candy, Philip CChapter on history of the Cadet Movement in Victoria. Covers military and administrative history context, the development at the major public schools, regulations, arms and uniform requirements, achie...
ManuscriptWords and band music for the "March of the 2nd Division". This tells the history of the division since its formation in Egypt in 1915 until 1984. Words by Col David Chinn, Chief of Staff Headquarters ...
ManuscriptWorking papers issued by the Peace Research Centre Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University. David CAMPBELL "Australian Public Opinion on National Security issues" examines o...
Maker: Fiveash, Herbert Edward`Private Memories: A Family Legacy'. This manuscript details the first 25 years (1895-1920) of the life and times of Herbert Fiveash. It covers his childhood in England, his emigration to Australia, h...
Maker: Gower, Stephen Newman 'Steve'Manuscript "Australian Field guns" later published by the Australian War Memorial as "Guns of the Regiment". Provides background on the development and history of the Royal Regiment of Australian Arti...
ManuscriptDescriptive analyses prepared by the Historical Studies and Information Section, Department of Defence, related to the procurement of HMA vessels `Albatross', `Sydney', and `Melbourne', 1918-1947.
Maker: Australian Army5p typed document outlining the history of the Australian Army from pre-federation through to the 1960s. Briefly covers the Sudan War, Boer War, World War I, inter-war period, World War II, interim ar...
Maker: Horner, David MurrayExtensive manuscript titled `The gunners: a history of Australian Artillery'. Covers establishment of artillery with British troops for colonial defence purposes, establishment of a Volunteer Artiller...
Maker: Hurley, Gordon Edward William"The history of Ballarat's early military regiments". A paper delivered to the Ballarat Historical Society by Brigadier GEW Hurley, outlining the development of military units in the Ballarat district...
Manuscript"The story of the Emden Bell". Recounts the events surrounding the acquisition of the ship's bell off the Emden, the loss of the bell from display in the Memorial and the eventual relocation and re di...
Maker: Jones, GeorgeAutobiographical memoir covering early life, experience with Light Horse and Flying Corps during WW1, subsequent career with RAAF between WW1 and WW2, role during WW2 and conflicts in Korea and Malaya...
ManuscriptThesis "The Society of Friends in Queensland 1861-1960's". Examines the establishment of a working definition for the religious philosophy of the Quakers, the problem of a minority group & extension o...
Maker: Lynam, Mervin LornManuscript titled `A knockabout sort of a fellow' - Lynam's autobiography of his varied life which included a stint in the peacetime RAN and British Army before his World War II RAN service. His dutie...
Maker: Mackinlay, Gordon AngusThree essays written by Mr Mackinlay for course work in industrial relations and psychiatric nursing. The essay `A Military Union: Is there a case for an industrial relations body to represent the Aus...