Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- type : Manuscript (remove)
- related places : Africa: Egypt (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (13)
- Army nurses (1)
- Australian War Memorial Summer Vacation Scholars (1)
- Camp life (1)
- Diaries (1)
- Engineers (1)
- HMAT Berrima A35 (1)
- HMS Triumph (1)
- Hospital Ship Georgian (1)
- Hospital ships (1)
- Nursing (1)
- Radio equipment (1)
- Signals (1)
- Stretcher bearers (1)
related units (51)
- 27th Australian Infantry Battalion (3)
- Royal Flying Corps (3)
- Australian Army Medical Corps (2)
- Brigade signals (2)
- Returned Services League (2)
- 10th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 11th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 13 Battalion Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
- 13th Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 13th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 13th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 14th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 14th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 15th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 17th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 1st Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 1st Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 1st Australian Light Horse Brigade (1)
- 1st Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 25th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 26th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Light Horse Brigade (1)
- 2nd Australian Machine Gun Battalion (1)
- 2nd Field Company, Australian Engineers (1)
- 30th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 41st Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 4th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 4th Field Company, Australian Engineers (1)
- 5th Australian Division (1)
- 6 Machine Gun Battalion (1)
- 6th Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 6th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 7th Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 8th Australian Field Ambulance (1)
- 8th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- Australian Engineers (1)
- Australian Flying Corps (1)
- Australian Imperial Force (1)
- British Army (1)
- Desert Mounted Corps (1)
- Engineers (1)
- Field artillery brigades (1)
- Historical records units (1)
- Imperial Camel Corps (1)
- No. 14 Australian General Hospital (1)
- Provost (1)
- Signals (1)
- Berrie, George Lachlan (1)
- Billings, Hubert (Bert) Douglas (1)
- Carne, William Albert Claude (1)
- Chauvel, Henry George (Harry) (1)
- Colley-Priest, Langford Wellman (1)
- Colman, William Russell Goodwin (1)
- Cooke, Simon (1)
- Corlette, Bernard Christian (1)
- Craig, G F (1)
- Crisfield, Jill (1)
- Dadswell, Henry William (1)
- Dodd, Arthur William (1)
- Faragher, Noni (1)
- Fiveash, Herbert Edward (1)
- Forsyth, Reginald James Thomas (1)
- Froud, Anna (1)
- Gilchrist, Hugh (1)
- Hoddinott, Rupert Uriah (1)
- Hogue, Oliver 'Trooper Bluegum' (1)
- Jones, Ian (1)
- Kemp, Peter (1)
- King, Ted (1)
- Lewis, Alfred Frank (1)
- Monteith, Hugh Owen (1)
- Moore, Edward Louis (1)
- Rae, Ruth (1)
- Reynolds, Rex (1)
- Samuel, Ray (1)
- Smith, David Maxwell Harding (1)
- Springthorpe, John William (1)
- Taylor, Henry Gordon (1)
- Wahlert, Glen W (1)
- Walker, V C (1)
- White, Thomas Alexander (1)
- Winter, Donovan (1)
- Wood, Colin (1)
- Wood, William O B E (1)
- Ziino, Bart (1)
ManuscriptArticle entitled "Army riddles strange devices and their meaning" by "Observer". Concerns the abolition of metal distinguishing badges and numerals. Worn on shoulder strap by Australian soldiers and t...
ManuscriptMANUSCRIPT TITLED "HISTORY OF THE SIGNAL SERVICE, AIF IN EGYPT". COVERS PERIOD 1916-1918, 1ST AND 2ND SIGNAL SQUADRONS, CABLE SECTION, WIRELESS SECTION, AIRLINE SECTION, ADMINISTRATION. INCLUDES LISTS...
Maker: Berrie, George LachlanThe original manuscript for the book 'Under Furred Hats' written by G.L. Berrie and published in 1919. The manuscript describes the career of the 6th Light Horse Regiment from December 1914 to August ...
Maker: Billings, Hubert (Bert) DouglasCollection relating to the First World War service of 14 Sapper (Spr) Hubert (Bert) Douglas Billings who served with 1st Signal Troop, Australian Engineers and 1st Light Horse Brigade in Egypt, Gallip...
Carne, William Albert Claude (Lieutenant, 6 Machine Gun Company, 2 Machine Gun Battalion, AIF b: 1884)
Maker: Carne, William Albert ClaudeNOTES, CORRESPONDENCE AND RECORDS USED TO COMPILE "IN GOOD COMPANY" THE HISTORY OF THE 6 MACHINE GUN COMPANY, 1915-1919. INCLUDES EXTRACTS FROM OFFICIAL UNIT DIARIES AND RECORDS, COMMENTS FROM THE DIA...
Maker: Chauvel, Henry George (Harry)Annotated typescript autobiography of the military career of General Sir "Harry" Chauvel. Account briefly relates his early service in the Clarence River district, movement to the Queensland Permanent...
Maker: Colley-Priest, Langford WellmanOriginal notes and transcript copy related to the history of the 8 Field Ambulance from its inception at Mitcham Camp, Adelaide on 4 August 1915, movement to Egypt and later France. Account covers the...
Maker: Colman, William Russell GoodwinUNPUBLISHED TYPESCRIPT ENTITLED "THERE AND BACK" ENTERED IN THE RSSILA CENTENARY WAR NOVEL COMPETITION. SET IN EGYPT, FRANCE, BELGIUM AND AUSTRALIA AND BASED ON THE AUTHOR'S OWN EXPERIENCES, THIS ACCO...
Maker: Cooke, Simon Froud, AnnaManuscript titled "The Australian War Records Section" describes the establishment of that section (AWRS), modelled on the Canadian War Records Section, the development of the AWRS, staffing, organisa...
Maker: Corlette, Bernard Christian"Memoirs of B.C. Corlette" by Bernard Christian Corlette. Served in WW1 with 1 Australian Divisional Train in Egypt and then in France, transporting a water cart and other supplies. (Served in WW2 as...
Maker: Craig, G FManuscript titled `A History of the Soldiers and Nurses of Stanley and Hurdle Flat in the 1914-1918 War'. This is a compilation of extracts from Beechworth Ovens and Murray Advertiser newspapers, main...
Maker: Dadswell, Henry WilliamPersonal war diary "Diary of a Sapper" written in narrative. Records enlistment, signals training, comments on travels and local inhabitants, attitude to NCOs accommodation, military activities, leave...
Maker: Dodd, Arthur WilliamPhotocopy of typescript account of actions of 6th Battery and the personal experiences of its commander. Covers the formation of the battery, the collision of troopships "Ascanius" and "Shropshire", E...
Maker: Faragher, NoniTitled `Prelude, Fugue, and Variations: Some Letters of a First War Army Chaplain'. Letters from a young army chaplain to his teenage girlfriend during the First World War. The author uses the letters...
Maker: Fiveash, Herbert Edward`Private Memories: A Family Legacy'. This manuscript details the first 25 years (1895-1920) of the life and times of Herbert Fiveash. It covers his childhood in England, his emigration to Australia, h...
Maker: Forsyth, Reginald James ThomasL.C. Forsyth has transcribed his brother Reginald's war time diaries for the period 23 February 1916 until 31 December 1917, and a part of his flying log book, to tell the story of Reg's WWI experienc...
Maker: Gilchrist, HughTyped carbon copies of the first draft of two sub-chapters of a book on the history of Australian Greek relations, written by Hugh Gilchrist prior in 1978. The chapters are titled 'The Nurses', concer...
Manuscript"In the Hands of the Hun: Experiences of Private Alfred Gray, of Kyneton". First World War memoirs by 4203 Private Alfred Grey who served with the 14th Battalion. He trained in Egypt and was sent to t...
1. Gullett, Henry Somer 2. Barrett, Charles (Co-Editors) (1. Captain, Official War Correspondent 2. Corporal)
ManuscriptEDITED TYPESCRIPTS, MANUSCRIPTS AND NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS OF ARTICLES AND POETRY USED IN THE PRODUCTION OF "AUSTRALIA IN PALESTINE". ALSO INCLUDES A PRE-PRODUCTION PAMPHLET CALLING FOR CONTRIBUTIONS OF ...
"History of 1502 Corporal Hubert De Vere Alexander BE and the 4th Field Company Australian Engineers, Gallipoli, Egypt, France, 1914-1919" by Ray Samuel RFD
Maker: Samuel, RayTyped manuscript titled "History of 1502 Corporal Hubert De Vere Alexander BE and the 4th Field Company Australian Engineers, AIF, Gallipoli, Egypt, France, 1914-1919", written by Ray Samuel RFD. The ...