Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- type : Manuscript (remove)
- related places : Asia: Singapore, Changi (remove)
- has video : no (remove)
has image (1)
has sound (1)
related subjects (18)
- Changi Gaol (8)
- Burma Thailand Railway (3)
- Changi prison camp (2)
- Prisoners of war (2)
- Diseases (1)
- Doctors (1)
- Injuries (1)
- Japanese POW camps (1)
- Jungle operations (1)
- Kuching Prisoner of War Camp (1)
- Medical services (1)
- Music (1)
- POW and internment camps (1)
- Prisoners (1)
- Sandakan Prisoner of War Camp (1)
- Scouts and guides (1)
- Selarang Barracks (1)
- Sister (1)
related units (61)
- 8 Australian Division (3)
- 13th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 13th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 140 General Transport Company (1)
- 17th Anti-Tank Battery (1)
- 1st Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 2 Medium Regiment (1)
- 2/10th Field Regiment (1)
- 2/12 Field Company (1)
- 2/13 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 2/15th Field Regiment (1)
- 2/16 Transport Platoon (1)
- 2/18th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/2 Casualty Clearing Station (1)
- 2/24th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/26th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/29th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/32nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/43rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/4th Anti-Tank Regiment (1)
- 2/5 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 2/6 Field Company (1)
- 2/6 Field Park Company (1)
- 2/9 Field Ambulance (1)
- 22nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 23rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 28th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 29th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 2nd Australian Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 37th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 3rd Australian Machine Gun Battalion (1)
- 4 Port Operating Company (1)
- 4th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 4th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 4th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 5 Docks Control Detachment (1)
- 59th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 9th Garrison Battalion (1)
- Australian Flying Corps (1)
- Australian Women's Army Service (1)
- British Army (1)
- Divisional signals (1)
- General Hospitals (1)
- HMAS Hobart (1938-1955) (1)
- HMAS Kanimbla (I) (1939-1949) (1)
- HMAS Kuru (1)
- HMAS Perth (1939-1942) (1)
- Historical records units (1)
- Indian Army (1)
- Medical Units (1)
- Operational training units (1)
- Pioneer battalions (1)
- Royal Australian Army Service Corps (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Air Force (1)
- Z Special Unit (1)
- Flowers, William Alfred (2)
- Andrew, Ray G (1)
- Arthurson, Alexander Cyril 'Lex' (1)
- Barlow, Samuel Ambrose (1)
- Boardman, Jack (1)
- Budd, Frank (1)
- Carment, David Maxwell (1)
- Carne, John Formby (1)
- Denning, Stanley Francis (1)
- Glen Alvie Recreation Reserve Committee (1)
- Hamilton, Gilbert Ford (1)
- Kappe, Charles Henry (1)
- Lloyd, John Kevin (1)
- Mutton, Robert (1)
- Power, F W G (1)
- Round, George Edward Guy (1)
- Various (1)
- Welsh, Robert Beall Colville (1)
- Young, Bill (1)
Maker: Andrew, Ray GChangi Yachtsmen In Irons Club souvenir log produced on toilet paper with home made water colours and staples and printed on fabricated typewriter. "Changi Yachtsmen in Irons" edited by R G Andrew wit...
Maker: Arthurson, Alexander Cyril 'Lex'MANUSCRIPT TITLED "THE STORY OF THE 13TH AUSTRALIAN GENERAL HOSPITAL" FOLLOWS UNIT FROM FORMATION IN AUSTRALIA IN 1941, POSTING TO SINGAPORE, CAPTIVITY IN CHANGI AND OTHER AREAS OF SINGAPORE, "F" FORC...
Maker: Carne, John FormbyCollection relating to the 2/2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, 1993-1994. Wallet 1 of 1 - Wallet consists of the manuscript titled "2/2 Australian C.C.S. A Brief history and personal anecdotes ...
Maker: Barlow, Samuel AmbroseManuscript describing enlistment, training, active service in Malaya, and subequent experiences as a prisoner of the Japanese at Changi and on the Burma-Thailand railway as a member of `H' Force. Disc...
Maker: Budd, FrankCollection relating to the Second World War service of Sapper WX2537 Frank Budd, 2/6 Field Park Company, Royal Australian Engineers, Singapore, Mayala, 1941-1942. The collection comprises a single ma...
Maker: Carment, David MaxwellRecollection of experiences as a prisoner of the Japanese in Changi, as a member of `B' force, voyage aboard `Ubi Maru' to Sandakan, and later transfer to Kuching. Discusses food, medical conditions, ...
Maker: Denning, Stanley FrancisMemoirs of service during Malayan campaign and as a prisoner of the Japanese, in particular as a member of "H" force at various locations including Hellfire Pass. Comments on food, work, treatment by ...
Maker: Flowers, William Alfred"2/9th Field Ambulance Unit Association: A Recollection by Bill Flowers of his time with 2/9th Field Ambulance: 8th Division AIF And its subsequent Unit Association". This manuscript deals the service...
Maker: Flowers, William AlfredManuscript by VX27026 Private Bill Flowers of 2/9 Field Ambulance describing basketball played at Changi Prisoner-of war camp. Mentions a game played against Korean guards, also the grand final betwee...
Maker: Glen Alvie Recreation Reserve Committee'Glen Alvie Remembers', a manuscript based on research into 28 former students of Glen Alvie State School who served in the First World War and 31 men and 3 women who enlisted form Glen Alvie for Worl...
ManuscriptManuscript relating to the Second World War service of Official War Artist B3/58 (VX64361) Vaughan Murray Griffin, Singapore. Wallet 1 of 1 contains a manuscript of recollections of experiences in pr...
Maker: Hamilton, Gilbert FordPhotocopy of typescript "Malayan Campaign" notes from lectures in Changi Prison Camp. Consists of talks given on tactics and operations against Japanese include messages by Wavell, Percival, Geldard a...
Maker: Kappe, Charles HenryCollection relating to the Second World Service of Lieutenant Colonel VX48789 Charles Henry Kappe, 8th Division, 1942-1945, Singapore. The collection consists of Kappe's manuscript of 'The Malayan Ca...
Maker: Lloyd, John Kevin"Rice and Radish: the daily diary of a POW of the Japanese from 1942-1945". Collection consists of printed copy of original diaries by VX39006 Major John Kevin Lloyd, 2/29 Battalion, a prisoner of war...
Manuscript"The Gap is bridged" the unit history for the 2/6th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers. Covers their service in West Java and later imprisonment by the Japanese as part of Blackforce in Java, Th...
Maker: Mutton, RobertReminiscences regarding the 8th Division, includes contributions from a variety of authors. Mentions fall of Singapore, Japanese brutality including events at Alexandra Military Hospital and Massacre ...
Maker: Power, F W GAUTOGBIOGRAPHICAL ACCOUNT OF EXPERIENCES AS POW IN MALAYA, BURMA AND JAPAN. ARRANGED CHRONOLOGICALLY. DESCRIBES CONDITIONS AT CHANGI, TARSO, HINTOK, KWAI NOI RIVER, YAMINI AND NIIHAMA CAMPS IN JAPAN. ...
Maker: Round, George Edward GuyUNPUBLISHED TYPESCRIPT ENTITLED "THE ROAD FROM SINGAPORE", AN AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL ACCOUNT OF THE FALL OF SINGAPORE AND LIFE IN PRISONER OF WAR CAMPS AT CHANGI AND JINSEN AND KEIJO (SEOUL) IN KOREA FROM 1...
Maker: VariousCollection consists of copies of the Proceedings of the Court of Honour minute book and Troop Meeting Record Book detailing the activities of the Rover Scout troops in Changi POW camp, 1943-1945, beli...
Maker: Boardman, JackA speech given by the donor about the Changi Concert Party. 7 typed pages, with annotations.