Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- type : Manuscript (remove)
- related places : Oceania: Australia, Northern Territory, Darwin (remove)
- has image : no (remove)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (7)
related units (55)
- HMAS Kuru (2)
- Royal Australian Naval Reserve (2)
- 13th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 13th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 140 General Transport Company (1)
- 17th Anti-Tank Battery (1)
- 1st Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 2 Medium Regiment (1)
- 2/16 Transport Platoon (1)
- 2/24th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/32nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/43rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/4th Anti-Tank Regiment (1)
- 2/5 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 22nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 23rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 28th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 29th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 2nd Australian Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 37th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 3rd Australian Machine Gun Battalion (1)
- 4 Port Operating Company (1)
- 4th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 4th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 4th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 5 Docks Control Detachment (1)
- 59th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 9th Garrison Battalion (1)
- Australian Flying Corps (1)
- Australian Women's Army Service (1)
- General transport companies (1)
- HMAS Hobart (1938-1955) (1)
- HMAS Kanimbla (I) (1939-1949) (1)
- HMAS Moruya (1)
- HMAS Perth (1939-1942) (1)
- HMAS Platypus (II) (1)
- HMAS Warrego (1940-1963) (1)
- No. 12 Squadron (1)
- No. 75 Squadron (1)
- No. 76 Squadron (1)
- No. 79 Squadron (1)
- Operational training units (1)
- RAAF mobile works units (1)
- Royal Australian Air Force (1)
- Royal Australian Navy (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
- United States Army (1)
- Women's Auxiliary Air Force (1)
- Z Special Unit (1)
- Griffiths, Owen Evans (2)
- Beale, Francis George (1)
- Bladin, Francis Masson (1)
- Boniface, George Wesley (1)
- Bower, Coleen (1)
- Dodman, Sydney (1)
- Forster, Paton Cameron (1)
- Glen Alvie Recreation Reserve Committee (1)
- Glenn, Bob B (1)
- James, Sydney Edward (Bill) (1)
- Jay, Philip S (1)
- MacKinnon, Colin (1)
- Nelson, Hank (1)
- Petty, Walter Lloyd George (1)
- Roberts, E C (1)
- Rumbold, John Derek (1)
- Strange, Norman Alan (1)
- Walshe, William John "Bill" (1)
- Want, Richard (1)
- Wilson, Helen (1)
Maker: MacKinnon, ColinIncludes a note on the background to the manuscript by Ed Simmonds made in 2008.
Maker: Bladin, Francis MassonAutobiographical account of Francis Bladin's service in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) 1942 to 1945 and 1945 to 1953.
Maker: Boniface, George WesleyMANUSCRIPT TITLED "PERSONAL RECOLLECTIONS OF THE BOMBING OF DARWIN - 1942". RECOUNTS AUTHOR'S EXPERIENCES AS AN ENGINEER ON BOARD THE CARGO VESSEL "NEPTUNA", WHICH WAS SUNK IN THE AIR RAIDS OF FEBRUAR...
Maker: Dodman, SydneyMANUSCRIPT TITLED "AS I RECALL THE WAR YEARS", DESCRIBING AUTHOR'S EXPERIENCES AS A DRIVER, MAINLY ON AUSTRALIAN ROAD CONVOYS BETWEEN SYDNEY, MELBOURNE AND DARWIN. INCLUDES RECOLLECTIONS WRITTEN LATER...
Fixed Naval Defences in Darwin Harbour : How the Navy Secured Darwin Harbour against Submarine Attacks between 1939 and 1945
Maker: Forster, Paton Cameron"Fixed Naval Defences in Darwin Harbour: How the Navy secured Darwin Harbour against Submarine Attacks between 1939 and 1945" by Pat Forster. Research on the Royal Australian Naval activies such as th...
Maker: Glen Alvie Recreation Reserve Committee'Glen Alvie Remembers', a manuscript based on research into 28 former students of Glen Alvie State School who served in the First World War and 31 men and 3 women who enlisted form Glen Alvie for Worl...
Maker: Glenn, Bob BManuscript titled "Brigadier General Patrick J. Hurley's mission to expedite blockade runner ships to the Philippines February 1942" describing the observations of US Army's Lt Glenn, who accompanied ...
Maker: Griffiths, Owen EvansDraft manuscript titled "Darwin Drama" related to the 18 month period spent in the Northern Territory during 1941-1942 by Paymaster Lieutenant Griffiths. The heavily annotated account comments on soci...
Maker: Griffiths, Owen EvansEDITED TYPESCRIPT OF A PUBLISHED BOOK ENTITLED "DHIDGERRY DHOO", A FICTIONAL ACCOUNT OF THE EXPLOITS OF AN ABORIGINAL MAN AROUND THE TIME OF THE AIR ATTACK ON DARWIN IN 1942
Maker: Jay, Philip SManuscript titled `The Words That Started The Battle of Australia', recalling events in 1942 when HMAS Warrego was escorting a convoy to Koepang, and later when in Darwin it fired at the first Japanes...
Maker: Nelson, HankManuscript of 1991 Anzac Day commemoration lecture titled 'To the Limits of Nation and Nationality: the Journeys of the 23rd Brigade Group 2nd AIF'. The manuscript covers the formation and training in...
Maker: Beale, Francis George Bower, Coleen James, Sydney Edward (Bill)Collection of typed manuscripts titled 'No. 1 Mobile Works Squadron: An Oral History' and compiled by Mrs Coleen Bower, as well as original letters written by 40742 Corporal (Cpl) Francis George (Fran...
Maker: Petty, Walter Lloyd GeorgeTyped memoir of Leading Aircraftman Walter Lloyd George Petty (64837), who served as a member of the Royal Australian Air Force during the Second World War. Manuscript is about his training and his se...
Maker: Roberts, E C"Per Ardua Dis Aster 1938/1946". Memoirs detailing training for the RAAF (12 Squadron) in 1938. Spent time in Laverton then Darwin before being posted to the 75 Fighter Squadron at Cape Gloucester, Po...
Maker: Rumbold, John Derek"Derek's Memoirs of the War Years" by Flight Lieutenant John Derek Rumbold. Manuscript detailing his training in Australia before being posted with the 76 Squadron. He was sent to New Guinea and spent...
Maker: Strange, Norman AlanPoem describing experiences of a militia battalion in wartime, including vivid images of the bombing of Darwin and jungle training in Darwin and Queensland. The poem expresses feelings of self-doubt a...
Maker: Walshe, William John "Bill""Signalman Bill's Story: Convoys, Signals, Pacific War". Tells the story of Signalman W.J. (Bill) Walshe and his training on board the HMAS Cerberus, service on the Taroona in New Guinea, drafting to ...
Maker: Want, RichardChapters in Want's typescript account of his service in the Royal Australian Navy in Darwin. Provides an account of supplies for the commandos, the grounding of the "Voyager" (and the defence of Timor...
Maker: Wilson, HelenThesis "The Quality of Life or a study on municipal functions in the town of Darwin 1930 to 1942 and the effect of the military build up therein". Chapters cover the nominated council of 1930 to 1937;...