Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related places (28)
- Africa: Egypt, North Egypt, Giza (10)
- Africa: Egypt (9)
- Africa: Egypt, Alexandria (4)
- Europe: Belgium (4)
- Europe: Belgium, Wallonie, Hainaut, Charleroi, Biesmeree (4)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine, Beersheba (4)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Maribyrnong (4)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo (3)
- Africa: Egypt, North Egypt, Mena (3)
- Europe: France (3)
- Africa: Egypt, Frontier, Sinai, El Arish Area, El Arish (1)
- Africa: Egypt, Frontier, Sinai, Romani Area, Romani (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Passchendaele (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Abbeville (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Hamel Area, Hamel (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Camon (1)
- Europe: Germany (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Middle East (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (1)
- Oceania: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Western Australia (1)
- Unknown (23)
- Cumberland (2)
- British Official Photograph (1)
- Corkhill, Pearl Elizabeth (1)
- Darge Photographic Company (1)
- Guilleminot, R (1)
- Luckham, Fred (1)
- M B's Studio (1)
- Melba & Co, Melbourne (1)
- Sarony (1)
- Short, Gordon Herbert (1)
- Thomas Mathewson Co (1)
- Thuillier, Louis (1)
Photograph1915. A HORSE IN A SLING BEING UNLOADED FROM A TROOP TRANSPORT SHIP. THE WATCHING MEN AND HORSE ARE POSSIBLY PART OF THE 1ST DIVISIONAL AMMUNITION COLUMN.
Photograph1915. A LIMBER BEING UNLOADED FROM A TROOP TRANSPORT SHIP. THIS WAS POSSIBLY PART OF THE EQUIPMENT OF THE 1ST DIVISIONAL AMMUNITION COLUMN.
Maker: UnknownAn aerial photograph showing artillery positions.
An Australian Battery in the Uria Valley covers the Japanese road to Madang. Lance Bombardier J. ...
Maker: Short, Gordon HerbertAn Australian Battery in the Uria Valley covers the Japanese road to Madang. Lance Bombardier J. Kenny of Essendon, Vic, and Sergeant F. McLaughlan of St Kilda, Vic, are cooking on an improvised stove...
Maker: UnknownA naval 4.7 inch QF gun, which together with two 6 inch 30 cwt siege howitzers, formed the improvised Heavy Battery which was used at Gallipoli. The battery was manned by a mixture of Australian gunne...
PhotographA 60 pounder British Army gun used by the Australian Army being hauled across the desert by a team of twenty four horses. The special wheels are designed to give traction in the sand.
PhotographA TRENCH SHELTER AT HAMEL, TAKEN ON THE MORNING AFTER THE BIG ATTACK ON 1918-08-08. LEFT TO RIGHT: GUNNER C.W.L. MUECKE, DRIVER W.E. MCGEE AND GUNNER E.J. WYLY - ALL OF THE 4TH DIVISIONAL AMMUNITION C...
Maker: UnknownAustralian soldiers at Anzac, at either a temporary halt on a terraced section of a slope, or resting during its development with permanent dugouts. Note the unorthodox method of 'securing' two rifles...
PhotographCairo Area, Egypt. 1915-08. Major Kingsmill, Brigade Ammunition Column, Australian Field Artillery. Major Kingsmill was later killed in France.
PhotographC. 1918. GROUP PHOTOGRAPH OF THE 2ND LIGHT TRENCH MORTAR BATTERY, AIF. FROM LEFT TO RIGHT THEY ARE, FRONT ROW, PRIVATES A.G. BUNCE, G. ROCHE, H.L. COPPIN, A.G. GARDINER, W. RANSON, C. EDWARDS, J.J. JO...
CHAMONIX, FRANCE. 1917-09. 2139 STAFF SERGEANT C. R. (ROY) MCKERIHAN, 56TH BATTALION (LEFT), AND ...
PhotographCHAMONIX, FRANCE. 1917-09. 2139 STAFF SERGEANT C. R. (ROY) MCKERIHAN, 56TH BATTALION (LEFT), AND 2389 STAFF SERGEANT GODFREY HECTOR LAHEY, 4TH DIVISIONAL AMMUNITION COLUMN, DURING LEAVE IN FRANCE. THE...
PhotographAlbum relating to the service of 3770 Staff Sergeant August Berthold, 7th Australian Light Horse Regiment Album of 54 pages (one loose page and including inside covers) containing 280 photographs cov...
Maker: Corkhill, Pearl ElizabethGallipoli, Turkey, 1915. Members of an Australian trench mortar battery preparing to fire a Japanese trench mortar. The soldier in the centre is holding a cord which he is about to pull to fire the we...
PhotographEGYPT. 1915. AUSTRALIAN ARTILLERY ON THE MOVE ALONG THE MENA TO CAIRO ROAD.
PhotographEGYPT. 1915. BRITISH ARTILLERY HORSES BEING TAKEN OUT FOR EXERCISE.
PhotographEGYPT. C. 1915. ARTILLERY LIMBERS WITH HORSES ATTACHED.
PhotographEGYPT. C. 1915. A SECTION OF AN AUSTRALIAN ARTILLERY CAMP WITH AN AMMUNITION LIMBER IN THE FOREGROUND.
EGYPT. 1915. THE LEADING HORSES OF AN AUSTRALIAN ARTILLERY COLUMN MOVING ALONG THE MENA TO CAIRO ...
PhotographEGYPT. 1915. THE LEADING HORSES OF AN AUSTRALIAN ARTILLERY COLUMN MOVING ALONG THE MENA TO CAIRO ROAD.
PhotographEngland. 1915. A group of happy Australian soldiers of the 1st Australian Division Ammunition Column Motor Transport AASC. (Donor Central News, LOndon)
From the Thuillier collection of glass plate negatives, taken by Louis and Antoinette Thuillier in Vignacourt, France during the period 1916 to 1918.
Maker: Thuillier, LouisGroup portrait of 5th Australian Light Trench Mortar Battery (5th ALTMB) football team. Identified are, back row, fourth from left, 1655 Private Patrick Brady, a tram conductor from Milson’s Point, NS...