Filters (2 applied)Clear All
- type : Private Record (remove)
- related places : Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine, Gaza (remove)
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (52)
- Diaries (5)
- Horses (3)
- Letters (3)
- Malaria (2)
- Photographs (2)
- Prisoners of war (2)
- Trenches (2)
- Arabs (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Australian Awards and Medals (1)
- Bedouin (1)
- Camels (1)
- Canteens (1)
- Casualties (1)
- Certificates (1)
- Chaplains (1)
- Churches (1)
- Circassians (1)
- Conscription (1)
- Correspondence (1)
- Courts martial (1)
- Dentists (1)
- Desert operations (1)
- Discipline (1)
- Druzes (1)
- Egyptians (1)
- Gas masks and respirators (1)
- Graziers (1)
- Hospitals (1)
- Indigenous peoples (1)
- Influenza (1)
- Jews (1)
- Love (1)
- Martial law (1)
- Medical services (1)
- Nurses (1)
- Pastoralists (1)
- Patriotism (1)
- Pillaging (1)
- Postal services (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- Refugees (1)
- Rest areas (1)
- Saddles (1)
- Sandstorms (1)
- Scabies (1)
- Schools (1)
- Sport (1)
- Swimming (1)
- Tanks (1)
- Temples (1)
- Wounded (1)
related units (29)
- 2nd Australian Light Horse Regiment (3)
- 1st Australian Light Horse Brigade (2)
- 3rd Australian Light Horse Brigade (2)
- 5th Australian Light Horse Regiment (2)
- Imperial Camel Corps (2)
- 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 12th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 14th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 15th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 1st Australian Camel Battalion (1)
- 1st Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 1st Imperial Camel Corps Brigade (1)
- 21st Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 29th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2nd Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 5th Australian Light Horse Brigade (1)
- 5th Australian Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 7th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- Australian Army Nursing Service (1)
- Headquarters Australian Corps, Egypt (1)
- Hong Kong & Singapore Mountain Battery (1)
- Machine Guns (1)
- New Zealand Mounted Rifles (1)
- No. 1 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps (1)
- No. 14 Australian General Hospital (1)
- Royal Flying Corps (1)
- Royal Horse Artillery (1)
- Turkish Army (1)
- Various (2)
- Bostock, Henry Phillips (1)
- Carne, Walter Mervyn (1)
- Chambers, Philip Arthur (1)
- Cox, Charles Frederick (1)
- Currie, Clyde Alexander (1)
- Enternides, Vlademer (1)
- Fraser, William (1)
- Gass, William Dudgeon (1)
- Healey, Bryan Darwin 'Blue' (1)
- Healey, Carl John 'Jack' (1)
- Healey, Florence Alfred 'Bud' (1)
- Horder, Leslie Sydney (1)
- Langley, George Furner (1)
- Letch, Harold Alexander (1)
- Macnaughton, Alexander Leighton (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Mills, Arthur James (1)
- Patrick, William (1)
- Raven, William George (1)
- Unknown (1)
Maker: Bostock, Henry PhillipsCollection relating to the First World War service of 1310 Sergeant Henry (Harry) Phillips Bostock, 10 Australian Light Horse. Collection consists of an extensive set of diaries, notebooks, letters, ...
Maker: Various Carne, Walter MervynCollection relating to Lieutenant Walter Mervyn Carne, 5th Light Horse, First World War. Collection comprises two albums containing primarily photographs, with some postcards and newspaper clippings,...
Maker: Chambers, Philip ArthurCollection relating to the First World War service of Major Philip Arthur Chambers, 12th Light Horse Regiment, Egypt and Palestine, 1917-1919. Wallet 1 of 1 - consists of two diaries written by Cha...
Maker: Cox, Charles FrederickHandwritten field diary, 28 November 1916-30 April 1918, kept by Brigadier General Charles Frederick Cox as Commanding Officer of the 1st Australian Light Horse Brigade. Contained within the diary are...
Maker: Enternides, Vlademer4 PHOTOS OF GAZA TAKEN BY C BECKETT, AANS. COAT OF ARMS
Maker: Fraser, WilliamDiary written by Chaplain William Fraser, 3 Light Horse Brigade, 1917. It records an account of the Battles of Magdhaba and Gaza told to Chaplain Fraser by Brigadier General John Robinson Royston whi...
Maker: Gass, William DudgeonSegment of part of the Koran found in the mosque at Gaza following the British shelling on 7 November 1917. Annotation to the item suggests that the mosque was used as an ammunition dump by Turkish fo...
Maker: Healey, Bryan Darwin 'Blue' Healey, Carl John 'Jack' Healey, Florence Alfred 'Bud'Collection relating to the First World War service of 3124 Private Florence Alfred Healey, 7th Australian Light Horse Regiment, Palestine. Collection consists of a handwritten diary, a number of lette...
Maker: Horder, Leslie SydneyCollection relating to service of 1050 Sergeant Leslie Sydney Horder, 1 Light Horse Regiment. Collection consists of five original handwritten diaries, containing regular entries covering: sea voyage ...
Maker: Langley, George FurnerAn extensive collection of papers relating to Langley's service in the first AIF, his appointment as Australian Red Cross Commissioner from 1944 to 1946, and his history of the Australian companies of...
Maker: Letch, Harold AlexanderCollection relating to the First World War service of Lieutenant Haraold Alexander Letch MC, 2nd Light Horse Regiment. Collections consists of: Congratulatory letter from General Chauvel following th...
Maker: Macnaughton, Alexander Leighton VariousCollection relating to Captain McNaughton who served in the Australian Light Horse at Gallipoli, and with the Australian Flying Corps in the Middle East during the First World War. It includes a photo...
Maker: Maygar, Leslie CecilCollection relating to the First World War service of Lieutenant Colonel Leslie Cecil Maygar VC, 8 Australian Light Horse Regiment, Turkey, Egypt and Palestine, 1915-1917. Wallet 1 of 1 - Contains tw...
Maker: McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon Mills, Arthur JamesCollection relating to the service of Lieutenant Colonel Arthur James Mills, DSO, VD, 1 Light Horse Regiment; 1st & 4th (Anzac) Battalions, Imperial Camel Corps; 15 Light Horse Regiment, 1915-1919, Eg...
Maker: Currie, Clyde AlexanderPostcard written by Cpl Clyde Currie on behalf of wounded Australian POW, Sgt George Paltridge (both of Imperial Camel Corps Brigade). Currie wrote on the postcard because Paltridge was wounded in hi...
Maker: Patrick, WilliamField message notebook of Brevet Major William Patrick who served as a Captain in the 5th Light Horse Regiment during the First World War.
Maker: Raven, William George UnknownPapers of 1817 Lance Sergeant (L Sgt) William George Raven who served with 29 Battalion and the 5th Pioneer Battalion in Egypt during the First World War. L Sgt Raven's detailed diary entries commence...