Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (36)
- Letters (4)
- Diaries (3)
- Trenches (2)
- Artillery (1)
- Bombardment (1)
- Brothers (1)
- Camels (1)
- Casualties (1)
- Conscription (1)
- Divisional signals (1)
- Dust (1)
- Exhaustion (1)
- Farmers (1)
- French (1)
- Fundraising (1)
- Germans (1)
- Happiness (1)
- Horses (1)
- Hospitals (1)
- Maori (1)
- Military operations (1)
- Preventative health services (1)
- Prisoners (1)
- Refugees (1)
- Riots (1)
- SS Southland (1)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Soldier settlement schemes (1)
- Strikes (1)
- Students (1)
- Training schools (1)
- Trench foot (1)
- Turkish (1)
- War brides (1)
- Water supply (1)
- Wounded (1)
related places (19)
- Europe: France (9)
- Africa: Egypt (4)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (4)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (3)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Mouquet Farm (2)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo (1)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo, Heliopolis (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Messines (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: Ireland (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Europe: Western Front (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Palestine (1)
- Oceania: Australia (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Queensland, Gin Gin (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea, Papua, Port Moresby (1)
- Allen, Ernest (1)
- Bell, John Alfred Rudolph (1)
- Clarke, Allan Alexander (1)
- Crisp, Ralph Harry (1)
- Cross, Victor (1)
- Draper, Stanley John (1)
- Fortescue, Charles (1)
- Grant, James Stevenson (1)
- Grove, Leander de Lorme (1)
- Johnson, Bertram Cecil (1)
- Little, Nevill Montague (1)
- Maunder, Darcy Silvester (1)
- Scanlon, Daniel Joseph (1)
- Schmidt, N L (1)
- Shaw, George Herbert (1)
- Stone, David James (1)
- Trotman, Joseph Robert (1)
- Williams, Percy Arthur (1)
1. Allen, Ernest (Private, d.1918); 2. Allen, Josiah (Private, d.1917); 3. Allen, James Edward (Private, d.1917)
Maker: Allen, ErnestCollection relating to the First World War service of three Allen brothers: 2615 Private Ernest Allen, 49 Battalion; 2614 Private Josiah Allen, 49 Battalion, and 2616a James Edward Allen, 49 Battalion...
Maker: Bell, John Alfred RudolphCollection relating to service of 6954 Private John Alfred Rudolph Bell, 49 Battalion, France, 1917. Collection includes letter written home to mother in Ireland.
Maker: Clarke, Allan AlexanderCollection relating to service of Lieutenant Allan Alexander Clarke, MM, 49 Battalion, AIF. Collection includes copy of a diary kept by Clarke while in Egypt and Gallipoli, from February 1915-28 July...
Maker: Crisp, Ralph HarryMEDICAL OFFICERS TRAINING NOTES, 1917. NOTEBOOKS CONTAINING DUTY LISTS, AND NAMES OF MEN PERMANENTLY INCAPACITATED. ORDERS REGARDING DISINFECTION OF BILLETS AND TREATMENT OF CERTAIN ILLNESSES. NOTEBOO...
Maker: Cross, VictorCollection relating to the war service of Sergeant Victor Cross MM of the 49th Battalion. The collection consists of a handwritten copy of Cross's diary. The diary contains daily, fairly lengthy entri...
Maker: Draper, Stanley JohnAIF SOLDIERS PAYBOOK AND FOLD OUT BOOK OF PICTURES OF CAIRO.
Maker: Fortescue, CharlesNARRATIVE OF SERVICE RELATING TO EXPERIENCES WITH THE 9TH BN INCLUDING THE LANDING ON GALLIPOLI. 2 COPIES
1. Glanville, Charles H. 2. Glanville, Cedric R. 3. Glanville, Septimus D (1. Trooper, MM, 5th L H d: 1958. 2. Sapper, 15th Fld Coy Engineers. 3. Private, 49th Bn d: 19)
Private RecordALBUM CONTAINING PHOTOS, PAYBOOKS, CARDS, LETTERS, CERTIFICATES AND A DIARY RELATING TO THE FIRST WORLD WAR SERVICE OF THE GLANVILLE BROTHERS, THE DEATH OF SEPTIMUS GLANVILLE AND THE SECOND WORLD WAR ...
Maker: Grove, Leander de LormeCollection relating to the service of Lieutenant Leander Nicol de Lorme Grove, 2 Light Horse and 49th Infantry Battalion, Egypt, France. Collection includes letters written to his father in Sydney be...
Maker: Johnson, Bertram CecilSERVICE PAPERS, COPY OF 1942 MORESBY PORT FORCE REPORT WRITTEN BY MAJOR JOHNSON AND EXTRACTS OF 49TH BN HISTORY, "ALWAYS FAITHFUL"
Little, Nevill Montague (Lieutenant, b.1892 - d.1916); Grant, James Stevenson (Private, b.1884 - d.1958)
Maker: Grant, James Stevenson Little, Nevill MontagueCollection relating to the service of Lieutenant Nevill Montague Little, 5 Light Horse Regiment and 49 Battalion, Australia, Egypt, Gallipoli, France, 1914-1916. Collection consists of 73 letters wri...
Maker: Maunder, Darcy SilvesterDETAILS OF TRAINING SCHOOL IN ENGLAND AND BRIEF LETTER AFTER ARRIVING IN FRANCE
Maker: Scanlon, Daniel JosephCollection relating to the service of Sergeant Daniel Scanlon of the 49th Battalion. The collection consists of primarily of letters written by Scanlon in which he describes enlisting and training in ...
Maker: Schmidt, N LSCROLL COMMEMORATING SCHMIDT'S DEATH IN ACTION, LETTER FROM DEPT OF THE ARMY LISTING ENTITLED MEDALS AND NOTES FOR MOUNTING OF MEDALS
Maker: Shaw, George HerbertSouvenir poster 'The Greatest War', depicting the rising sun emblem with an overlay of AMF units which served in the First World War, unit colours and decorations.
Maker: Stone, David JamesCollection relating to the First World War service of 3506 Private David James Stone, 9 th Battalion and 49th Battalion. Collection includes one handwritten diary consisting of twelve pages, rewritten...
Maker: Trotman, Joseph RobertPapers including demobilisation movement card, poem titled "The Forty Ninth at Moquet", and letters describing battles at Mouquet Farm, Pozieres, Bullecourt, Messines, being wounded near Messines, goi...
Maker: Williams, Percy ArthurOriginal diary belonging to 4795 Private Percy Arthur Williams, D Coy, 49th Battalion AIF. This pocket size diary has handwritten daily entries for the year of 1917. Most entries are very brief, with ...