Filters (3 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
related units (16)
- 10th Australian Machine Gun Company (1)
- 2nd Australian Machine Gun Company (1)
- 3rd Australian Machine Gun Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- Commando units (1)
- Field Ambulances (1)
- Infantry Corps (1)
- Medical, Dental and Nursing (1)
- Peacekeeping Operations (1)
- Royal Australian Artillery (1)
- Royal Australian Regiment (1)
- United Nations (UN) (1)
- United Nations Command, Korea (UNC) (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
- United States Army (1)
- United States Marine Corps (1)
related places (14)
- Asia: Korea (2)
- Asia: Korea, 38th Parallel (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (2)
- Asia: Japan, Tokyo (1)
- Asia: Korea, Sokkong Valley Area (1)
- Asia: Timor (1)
- Asia: Vietnam (1)
- Europe: France (1)
- Europe: France, Haute-Normandie, Seine Maritime, Rouen (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Hamel Area, Hamel (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area, Corbie (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (1)
Corporal Ronald Kenneth Cashman MM, Royal Australian Infantry Corps, interviewed by Bill Bunbury in 1998 on his service during the Korean War, 1951-1953.
Maker: Cashman, Ronald Kenneth Bunbury, Bill Bunbury, BillRecorded by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Radio National 'Hindsight' for the program 'Korea, 1950-1953, The Forgotten War'. Reasons for enlisting to go to Korea; knowledge of Korea a...
Jill Morrison reads an account of an interview she conducted with 743A Private George Ferrier about his experiences with the 3rd Machine Gun Battalion during the First World War
Maker: Ferrier, George Morrison, Jill Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeJill Morrison reads an account of an interview she conducted with 743A Private George Ferrier about his experiences with the 3rd Machine Gun Battalion during the First World War Interview covered: ea...
Lance Corporal William (Bill) C. Gamble, 2nd Machine Gun Company, interviewed about his experiences during the First World War
Maker: Gamble, William C 'Bill' Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State Office Gamble, William C 'Bill'Discusses: early life; prewar employment; enlisted in AIF August 1916; impressions of France; gassed; training at Gas School; mates; shelling of Corbie Town Hall; Somme; relationships with British sol...
Operational sounds of United States military aircraft, armour and weapons used during the war in Vietnam, 1962-1972
Maker: Unknown1. jet fighters passing overhead and delivering ordnance to the ground; bombs exploding; small arms and machine gun fire; rifle shots; 2. armoured vehicles manoeuvring; petrol-powered armoured vehicle...
Maker: McKenzie, Clive Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeDiscusses: early life; enlistment March 1916; family's reaction to enlistment; impressions of France; extreme cold; lack of rations in front line; Albert and meeting a civilian girl; wounded at Bullec...
Private Kenneth Colbung, Royal Australian Infantry Corp, interviewed by Bill Bunbury about his service in the Korean War.
Maker: Colbung, Ken Bunbury, Bill Colbung, KenCollection of oral history interviews on the Korean War recorded by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Radio National 'Hindsight' for the program 'Korea, 1950-1953, The Forgotten War'.
Three 'Turn of the Century' ABC Radio Programs featuring Dr Peter Stanley discussing aspects of Australia's military involvement in war and peacekeeping throughout the 1900s
Maker: Stanley, Peter Evans, Tritia ABC RadioPROGRAM 1: Dr Stanley discuses attitudes to war and Australia's committment to war; Australian's went to the Boer War (South Africa) with idea that war was romantic and adventurous but during the cent...