Filters (2 applied)Clear All
- type : Sound (remove)
- related places : Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (remove)
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (9)
related units (9)
- 15th Australian Field Artillery Battery (1)
- 2nd Australian Division (1)
- 3rd Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 5th Australian Field Artillery Brigade (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 6th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- Australian Imperial Force (1)
- Signals (1)
Charles C. Fisher relates his experiences as a private with 5th Battalion AIF during the First World War
Maker: Fisher, Charles C Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State Office Fisher, Charles CCharles Fisher discusses: early life; prewar employment; enlistment March 1916; training in Egypt; complete training at Etaples; wounded at Pozieres; battle at St Martin's Wood; reaction to Armistice;...
William Herbert Smith talks about about his experiences in 1st Division Signals Company during the First World War
Maker: Smith, William Herbert Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeDiscusses: reaction to war and reasons for enlisting; enlistment in the AIF May 1915; trained as a signaller; Gallipoli; attached to 1st Division Signal Company, No.3 Section, 3rd Infantry Brigade; su...
Maker: Smith, William Hunt Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeDiscusses: early life; prewar employment; enlistment in the AIF July 1915; brother enlisted in the AIF served at Gallipoli and killed at Pozieres; mateship; rations; mud; life in the trenches; fought ...
Maker: Cox, William John Cox, William JohnDiscusses: why Australia went to war; landing at Gallipoli; his enlistment during recruiting week in July 1915; pre-war employment; sent to Melbourne Showgrounds recruitment camp; issue of initial clo...