Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- type : Technology (remove)
- related subjects : Bayonets (remove)
- has video : no (remove)
- has image : yes (remove)
has sound (1)
- South Africa, 1899-1902 (Boer War) (2)
- First World War, 1914-1918 (33)
- Second World War, 1939-1945 (28)
- Korea, 1950-1953 (4)
- Vietnam, 1962-1975 (5)
- Afghanistan, 2001-2021 (2)
- Iraq, 2003-2013 (1)
- 19th century (4)
- British Army Era, 1788-1870 (1)
- Australian Colonial Forces, 1854-1900 (2)
- Period 1910-1919 (1)
- Period 1920-1929 (4)
- Period 1930-1939 (1)
- Period 1940-1949 (2)
- Period 1950-1959 (1)
- Period 1960-1969 (4)
- Period 1970-1979 (4)
- Period 1980-1989 (4)
related units (35)
- Australian Army (13)
- Military History Section (4)
- 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment (3)
- French Army (3)
- 16th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- 2/11th Australian Infantry Battalion (2)
- German Army (2)
- Imperial Japanese Army (2)
- New South Wales Military Forces (2)
- Turkish Army (2)
- United States Army (2)
- 11th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 1st Squadron, Special Air Service Regiment (1)
- 2/6th Independent Company (1)
- 2/9th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 22nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 27th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 29 Battalion Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
- 32nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 4 Military History Field Team (1)
- 5th Australian Division (1)
- 5th Australian Pioneer Battalion (1)
- 7 Light Horse Regiment (1)
- Colonial Military Forces (1)
- Commonwealth Horse (1)
- Headquarters Units (1)
- Italian Army (1)
- North Korean Forces (1)
- North Vietnamese Army (1)
- Royal Australian Air Force (1)
- Royal Australian Navy (1)
- Royal Navy (1)
- Russian Forces (1)
- Special forces (1)
- Volunteer Defence Corps (1)
related places (35)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England (31)
- Oceania: Australia, South Australia (5)
- Europe: France (3)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (3)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales (3)
- Africa: South Africa (2)
- Asia: Afghanistan (2)
- Asia: Korea (2)
- Europe: Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Saxony, Colditz (2)
- Oceania: Australia (2)
- Africa: Egypt (1)
- Asia: Borneo, Tarakan (1)
- Asia: Vietnam (1)
- Asia: Vietnam, Bien Hoa Province (1)
- Asia: Vietnam, Bien Hoa Province, Fire Support Base Coral (1)
- Asia: Vietnam, South Vietnam (1)
- Europe: Belgium (1)
- Europe: Denmark (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Lille, Fromelles (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Aisne (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Aisne, Bellicourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area, Morlancourt (1)
- Europe: Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (1)
- Middle East (1)
- Middle East: Iraq, Baghdad (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles (1)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli, Anzac Area (Gallipoli), Anzac Beaches Area, Gaba Tepe (1)
- North & Central America: United States of America (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Port Kembla (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Yass (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria (1)
- Oceania: New Guinea, Papua New Guinea (1)
- Main Bld: Korea, Malaya & Indonesia Gallery: Upper Level: RAR/Chinese (2)
- Main Bld: First World War Gallery: Australia Goes To War: The AIF (1)
- Main Bld: First World War Gallery: The Anzac Story: Gallipoli: Anzac The Landing (1)
- Main Bld: First World War Gallery: The Anzac Story: Gallipoli: Fighting To The Stalemate (1)
- Main Bld: First World War Gallery: Western Front 1916: Uniforms (1)
- Main Bld: First World War Gallery: Western Front 1918: Giles/1918 Uniforms (1)
- Main Bld: Peacekeeping & Recent Conflicts Gallery (1)
- Main Bld: Vietnam Gallery: Ramp: Committment of Troops (1)
- Main Bld: World War 2 Gallery: Gallery 2: Against G (1)
- Main Bld: World War 2 Gallery: Gallery 2: Aus Threat (1)
- Unknown (13)
- Small Arms Factory, Lithgow (11)
- Sanderson (3)
- Nagoya Army Ordnance Factory (2)
- State Arsenal, USSR (2)
- Alexander Coppel & Co (1)
- Birmingham Small Arms and Metal Co Ltd (1)
- Carl Eickhorn & Co (1)
- Ceskoslovenska Zbrojovka (ZB) (1)
- Chapman (1)
- Ishapore (1)
- Izhevsk Factory (1)
- Mauser-Werke AG (1)
- Mills Equipment Company (1)
- Mole (1)
- Orange Small Arms Factory (1)
- St- Etienne Imperial Arsenal (1)
- Turnock, James William (1)
- Vickers Ltd (1)
- Wilkinson Sword Company (1)
Maker: UnknownAKM style bayonet and scabbard designed to be fitted to an AK-47 rifle. The blade is a stainless steel, single edge, clip point design with a false edge on the clip point and blade back. The back of t...
Maker: Nagoya Army Ordnance FactoryArisaka Type 30 Bayonet. The hilt has a hooked quillon crossguard with a muzzle ring, wooden grips rivetted to the tang and a pommel that has a T section mortise slot and a push button bolt latch. The...
Maker: Nagoya Army Ordnance FactoryArisaka Type 30 Scabbard. Construction is all steel, tapering at the tip to a small finial with a rectangular frog loop on a band near the throat. The metal parts on the scabbard are blued.
TechnologyAustralian practice rifle made with bush timber and has an iron butt. The butt is stamped 25. It is complete with bayonet, stamped XXV, and scabbard, capable of being unfixed and was made from part of...
Maker: Small Arms Factory, LithgowPattern 07 bayonet. The hilt has a short quillon muzzle ring crossguard, two piece wooden grips held to the tang by two screw bolts. The birds head shape pommel, with an oil drain hole, has a T secti...
TechnologyPattern 07 Bayonet & Scabbard. The blade is stamped MA 07 with 8 43 and the pommel D/99262. Wood grips marked SLAZ 52 are secured by two steel screw bolts. The steel mounted brown leather scabbard is ...
Bayonet, Pattern 07, No. 1 Mark I. with Scabbard Mark II. and frog : Private W A Jeffery, 2/6 Independent Company
Maker: Orange Small Arms FactoryPattern 1907 bayonet, scabbard and frog. The ricasso is stamped with, 'MA 1907 1' and '9 42' and on the other side with 'OA' as well as the broad arrow and proof markings. The grips are of wood and ar...
Maker: UnknownPattern 1907 leather bayonet scabbard, missing locket and chape. A corroded metal fragment is present either from the locket or chape.
TechnologyBelgian M1916 Bayonet and Scabbard. The hilt has a straight crossguard without a quillon, plain wood grips held to the tang by two screw bolts and a pommel that has a mortice slot and button cross bol...
Maker: Turnock, James WilliamBoot knife made from a Bayonet. The blade has a small crown over a 'Z' stamped under the crossguard. The original crossguard has been replaced with a steel crossguard that is wider than the original. ...
Maker: UnknownBraendlin Albini Socket Bayonet and Scabbard. The polished triangular blade is fullered on all three sides and has a barrel socket that has a zig-zag slot and locking ring. It is blued and stamped 101...
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1858 cutlass bayonet with a long curved blade and a double edge for about 280 mm to tip. Blade stamped A&E.H within an oval and has a Solingen proof mark. Muzzle ring diameter: 20.5 mm...
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1871 Cutlass Bayonet & Scabbard. The hilt has a sheet steel guard and compressed black leather checkered grips that are held to the tang with four rivets. The pommel is stamped 60 and ...
TechnologyBritish Pattern 1875 1st Model Henry Rifle Sawback Bayonet and Scabbard. The straight crossguard stamped RA35, has a muzzle ring diameter of 22.1 mm and a spade shaped quillon. The leather grips are s...
Maker: SandersonBritish Pattern 1888 Mark II bayonet and scabbard. The straight crossguard has a muzzle ring with a diameter of 17mm at the top and a small disc finial on the lower end of the crossguard. The hilt has...
TechnologyBrunswick Rifle bayonet. It has a ribbed brass hilt with a crossbar that has down turned ends. A locking button protrudes from the centre of the grip connecting to a spring latch. The pommel is marked...
Maker: Ceskoslovenska Zbrojovka (ZB)Czech Model Vz 24 1924 bayonet and scabbard. This bayonet has nickel plated metal work and wooden grips held to the tang with two screw bolts. The pommel has a mortise slot and locking bolt which secu...
Maker: UnknownDanish Pattern 1854 socket bayonet. The steel socket has a slot for attached to the rifle. The Khyl's spring lock is missing, but the attachment screw is intact. There are some illegible markings on t...
TechnologyExperimental Owen Sub Machine Gun Bayonet. Wooden two piece grips painted scrub green with a tubular backstrap to fit over the machine gun muzzle. The unmarked blade has a sharpened front edge and a t...
Maker: UnknownM84/98 German bayonet, 3rd Model. The hilt has wooden grips held to the tang with two screw bolts. The pommel has a mortise slot and locking bolt which secures it to the rifle nosecap.The crossguard h...