Filters (3 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related places (16)
- Europe: France (6)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (4)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (3)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Passchendaele (2)
- Unlinked Place (2)
- Europe: Belgium (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres, Zonnebeke (1)
- Europe: Flanders (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Hazebrouck (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Villers-Bretonneux Area, Villers-Bretonneux (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Cambrai (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Lagnicourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Lavieville (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- Oceania: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne (1)
Maker: Crozier, FrankDepicts a portrait of an Australian soldier in a full battle kit. Painted by Will Dyson and Frank Crozier in collaboration.
ArtDepicts two soldiers, wearing waterproof capes and tin helmets, apprehensively walking through wreckage of the town of Bapaume in March 1917. Will Dyson was the first Australian official war artist to...
Maker: Vincent, Day, Brooks and SonsDepicts a field kitchen near Villers Bretonneux, Western Front, with cooks standing around a field kitchen preparing meal. Horse drawn wagons are passing by to the right of the kitchen, while a queue ...
ArtDepicts three standing, wounded soldiers outside a regimental aid post in Zonnebeke, Belgium. Will Dyson was the first Australian official war artist to visit the front during the First World War, tra...
ArtDepicts two soldiers seen from behind, the one on the right has his head bandaged beneath his helmet, while the soldier on the left has his uniform tunic over his shoulders, and his right arm over the...
ArtDepicts a soldier carrying an officer's valise on his shoulders as he walks along a road way in a French village. He walks along with women and children also carrying their belongings and bags. The wo...
ArtDepicts a number of Australian soldiers preparing and working with field guns and ordnance at a workshop near Bapaume. The image shows a view of part of the ordnance workshop, with ruined buildings in...
ArtDepicts two soldiers of the 2nd Australian Divisions in full kit going along a communication trench near Igaree Corner, France. The soldiers are on the left: Captain C J Fletcher, possibly of Postal C...
ArtDepicts two soldiers at rest with their ammunition, guns and a donkey at Lavieville, near Amiens, in north-western France. The gun is an 18-pounder and piles of shells rest in right fore- ground of th...