Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- type : Art (remove)
- related subjects : Entrenchments (remove)
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- has image : yes (remove)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related places (12)
- Europe: France (5)
- Europe: Belgium (3)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (3)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres, Hill 60 (3)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (2)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Messines, Messines Ridge (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Nieuport (1)
- Europe: Flanders (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Lagnicourt (1)
- Unlinked Place (1)
ArtDepicts an Australian soldier carving a cross with an ornate rising sun for his fallen mate. Dyson witnessed this event on August 1st, 1917 on Messines Ridge, near Ypres in Belgium. Will Dyson was the...
Maker: Vincent, Day, Brooks and SonsDepicts members of the 1st Australian Imperial Force, 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company with two men in the tunnel. One is kneeling and working on the rock face, the other is standing. The tunnel is l...
ArtDepicts two unidentified infantrymen, of the 4th Australian division, possibly part of a Vickers machine gun squad, near Mouquet Farm. The man in front is holding a water cooling can for a Vickers Mar...
ArtDepicts two Australian soldiers resting and dozing against the wheel of a cart. On top of the cart is an empty wine barrel. The soldiers are seated on the edge of a trench in a war damaged landscape. ...
ArtDepicts three soldiers wearing tin helmets looking out across the battlefield at Westhoek Ridge. A wrecked pillbox appears in the background with two gun limbers near it. Will Dyson was the first Aust...
ArtDepicts several soldiers seated in trenches and dugouts, some checking over canteen accounts, on the battlefield, while explosions go off on the horizon. The soldiers are members of the 1st Australian...
ArtDepicts two Australian soldiers, in uniform, wearing tin helmets, walking through a stretch of German trenches on the Somme, warily inspecting their surroundings for booby traps. One soldier holds a t...
ArtDepicts members of the 1st Australian Imperial Force, 1st Australian Tunnelling Company showing two men sitting in dug out in a tunnel, furnished with camp beds and boxes for tables and seats. The dug...
ArtDepicts members of the 1st Australian Imperial Force, 4th Division, in full kit walking along duckboard tracks over trenches, in a war damaged landscape. This image was reproduced in 'Australia at War...
ArtDepicts two soldiers of 2nd Australian Division in full kit going along a communication trench near Igri Corner, France. Drawn near the front line at Bullecourt. 'Fletch' was possibly the head of the ...