Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Anzac (remove)
- related units : New Zealand & Australian Division (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (35)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Tilney, Leslie Edward (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Arrell, William Llewellyn (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Burnage, Granville John (1)
- Cannan, James Harold (1)
- Corrigan, John Joseph (1)
- Courtney, Richard Edmond (1)
- Crowther, Henry Arnold (1)
- Dare, Charles Moreland Montague (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Drake-Brockman, Edmund Alfred (1)
- Durrant, James Murdoch Archer (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (1)
- Grant, William (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Harwood, Ross (1)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (1)
- Margolin, Eliazar Lazar (1)
- Marks, Douglas Gray (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- McSharry, Terence Patrick (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Pope, Harold (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Smith, Walter John (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
- 1090 killed, 2128 wounded (including gassed) (1)
- 1127 killed, 1955 wounded (including gassed) (1)
- 1194 killed, 2187 wounded (Including gassed) (1)
- 158 killed, 653 wounded (1)
- 190 killed, 481 wounded (1)
- 222 killed, 679 wounded (1)
- 302 killed, 675 wounded (1)
- 915 killed, 2229 wounded (including gassed) (1)
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
UnitThe 13th Battalion AIF was raised from late September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. The battalion was recruited in New South Wales, and with the 14th, 15th and 16th Batta...
UnitThe 15th Battalion AIF was raised from late September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. Three-quarters of the battalion were recruited as volunteers from Queensland, and the ...
UnitThe 16th Battalion AIF was raised from 16 September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. Three-quarters of the battalion were recruited in Western Australia, and the rest in Sou...
UnitThe Headquarters of the 14th Battalion opened at an office at 178 Collins Street, Melbourne in the last week of September 1914. On 1 October it relocated to Broadmeadows Camp where the battalion's rec...
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...