Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Nablus (remove)
- related units : Australian and New Zealand Mounted Division (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (20)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (2)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Barlow, Sydney William (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Bourne, George Herbert (1)
- Cameron, Donald Charles (1)
- Cox, Charles Frederick (1)
- Cross, Donald Gordon (1)
- Fuller, Colin Dunmore (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Harris, Hubert Jennings Imrie (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Richardson, John Dalyell (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Stodart, Robert Mackay (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Harold Albert Duckett (1)
- Wilson, Lachlan Chisholm (1)
related places (1)
UnitThe 2nd Light Horse Regiment was raised at Enoggera in Queensland on 18 August 1914. Its recruits came mainly from Queensland but some hailed from the northern rivers district of New South Wales. The ...
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
UnitThe 5th Light Horse Regiment was raised in Brisbane in September 1914, entirely from men who had enlisted in Queensland, and became part of the 2nd Light Horse Brigade. Sailing from Sydney on 21 Decem...
UnitThe 6th Light Horse Regiment was raised in Sydney in September 1914 from men who had enlisted in New South Wales, and became part of the 2nd Light Horse Brigade. Sailing from Sydney on 21 December 191...
UnitThe 7th Light Horse Regiment was raised in Sydney in October 1914 from men who had enlisted in New South Wales, and became part of the 2nd Light Horse Brigade. Sailing from Sydney in late December 191...