Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Pozières (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related places : Ypres (remove)
commanding officer (15)
- Bateman, William Joseph (1)
- Bennett, Alfred Joshua (1)
- Brazenor, William (1)
- Dobbin, Leonard (1)
- Duggan, Bernard Oscar Charles (1)
- Fethers, Wilfred Kent (1)
- Forbes, Frederick William Dempster (1)
- Heane, James 'Cast Iron Jimmy' (1)
- Hutchinson, John Francis (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Knox, George Hodges (1)
- Morton, George Frederick (1)
- Rowland, William Joseph (1)
- Stacy, Bertie Vandeleur (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
related units (1)
UnitThe 23rd Battalion was raised in Victoria in March 1915 as the third battalion of the 6th Brigade. After initial training, it left Australia in March and arrived in Egypt, where it would complete its ...
UnitThe 1st Battalion was the first infantry unit recruited for the AIF in New South Wales during the First World War. The battalion was raised within a fortnight of the declaration of war in August 19...
UnitThe 21st Battalion was raised, as part of the 6th Brigade, at Broadmeadows in Victoria in February 1915. Its recruits hailed from all over the state. The later enlistment of these men, and their avera...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...