Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Rumani (remove)
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- related places : Rafa (remove)
commanding officer (22)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Barlow, Sydney William (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Bourne, George Herbert (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Grant, William (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Stodart, Robert Mackay (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
UnitThe 2nd Light Horse Regiment was raised at Enoggera in Queensland on 18 August 1914. Its recruits came mainly from Queensland but some hailed from the northern rivers district of New South Wales. The ...
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...