Filters (5 applied)Clear All
- casualties : 581 killed, 1637 wounded (including gassed) (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Messines, 1917 (remove)
- commanding officer : Goddard, Henry Arthur (remove)
related places (1)
UnitThe 35th Battalion was formed in December 1915 in Newcastle, New South Wales. The bulk of the battalion's recruits were drawn from the Newcastle region and thus it was dubbed "Newcastle's Own". Reflec...