Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- battle honours : Jerusalem (remove)
- related places : Rafa (remove)
- related units : New Zealand & Australian Division (remove)
commanding officer (19)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (1)
- Grant, William (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...