Filters (2 applied)Clear All
commanding officer (18)
- White, Harold Fletcher (2)
- Bateman, William Joseph (1)
- Brazenor, William (1)
- Duggan, Bernard Oscar Charles (1)
- Fethers, Wilfred Kent (1)
- Forbes, Frederick William Dempster (1)
- Goddard, Henry Arthur (1)
- Grant, Francis George (1)
- Holborow, Grantley Andrew Hillier (1)
- Hutchinson, John Francis (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Knox, George Hodges (1)
- Lamb, Malcolm St John (1)
- Martin, Ernest Edward (1)
- Morshead, Leslie James (1)
- Morton, George Frederick (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
- Woolcock, Arthur Raff (1)
UnitThe 23rd Battalion was raised in Victoria in March 1915 as the third battalion of the 6th Brigade. After initial training, it left Australia in March and arrived in Egypt, where it would complete its ...
UnitThe 33rd Battalion was formed in January 1916 at a camp established at the Armidale showground in New South Wales. The bulk of the battalion's recruits were drawn from the New England region and thus ...
UnitThe 21st Battalion was raised, as part of the 6th Brigade, at Broadmeadows in Victoria in February 1915. Its recruits hailed from all over the state. The later enlistment of these men, and their avera...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...
UnitThe 34th Battalion was formed in January 1916 at a camp established at the Maitland showground in New South Wales. It was planned that the bulk of the battalion's recruits would be drawn from the Mait...
UnitThe 35th Battalion was formed in December 1915 in Newcastle, New South Wales. The bulk of the battalion's recruits were drawn from the Newcastle region and thus it was dubbed "Newcastle's Own". Reflec...