Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Hindenburg Line (remove)
- related places : Mouquet Farm (remove)
commanding officer (20)
- Allen, Arthur Samuel 'Tubby' (1)
- Arrell, William Llewellyn (1)
- Bateman, William Joseph (1)
- Brazenor, William (1)
- Brearley, Montague Sharpe (1)
- Christie, Robert (1)
- Denton, James Samuel (1)
- Fethers, Wilfred Kent (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Knox, George Hodges (1)
- Lane, Denis Arthur (1)
- Leane, Raymond Lionel (1)
- Lorenzo, Francis Maxwell de Frayer (1)
- Morton, George Frederick (1)
- Paul, Harold (1)
- Perry, Stanley Llewellyn (1)
- Ridley, John Cecil Thomas Edmund Charles (1)
- Ross, Arthur Murray (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
- Whitham, John Lawrence (1)
UnitThe 23rd Battalion was raised in Victoria in March 1915 as the third battalion of the 6th Brigade. After initial training, it left Australia in March and arrived in Egypt, where it would complete its ...
UnitThe 51st Battalion was raised in Egypt in the first week of March 1916, as part of the "doubling" of the AIF. Approximately half of its recruits were Gallipoli veterans from the 11th Battalion, and th...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...
UnitThe 49th Battalion was raised in Egypt on 27 February 1916 as part of the "doubling" of the AIF. Approximately half of its recruits were Gallipoli veterans from the 9th Battalion, and the other half, ...
UnitThe 48th Battalion was raised in Egypt on 16 March 1916 as part of the "doubling" of the AIF. Roughly half of its new recruits were Gallipoli veterans from the 16th Battalion, and the other half, fres...