Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Kemmel (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (24)
- Long, Leonard (2)
- Beevor, Miles Fitzroy (1)
- Bourchier, Murray William James (1)
- Campbell, Gordon Cathcart (1)
- Denton, James Samuel (1)
- Forsyth, John Keatly (1)
- Giles, Felix Gordon (1)
- Hindhaugh, Stanley George Allen (1)
- Hurcombe, Frederick William (1)
- Jacob, Ross Blyth (1)
- James, Herbert (1)
- Lee, Harry William (1)
- McCann, William Francis James (1)
- Mullen, Leslie Miltiades (1)
- Newman, John (1)
- Rafferty, Rupert Anstice (1)
- Robertson, James Campbell (1)
- Ross, Claude France St Paul (1)
- Rumball, Clarence (1)
- Shaw, George Dorricutt (1)
- Steele, Alexander (1)
- Walsh, Richard Henry (1)
- Weir, Stanley Price (1)
- Wilder-Neligan, Maurice (1)
UnitWhen the infantry divisions of the AIF deployed from Egypt to the Western Front in early 1916, each included a divisional mounted reconnaissance squadron. Three squadrons were drawn from the 13th Ligh...
UnitThe 10th Battalion was among the first infantry units raised for the AIF during the First World War. The battalion was recruited in South Australia, and together with the 9th, 11th and 12th Battalion...
UnitThe 9th Battalion was among the first infantry units raised for the AIF during the First World War. It was the first battalion recruited in Queensland, and with the 10th, 11th and 12th Battalions it ...
UnitThe 4th Light Horse Regiment was formed as the divisional cavalry regiment for the 1st Australian Division on 11 August 1914. Belying traditional stereotypes, over 20 per cent of the original regiment...