Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Nebi Samwil (remove)
- related places : Rafa (remove)
commanding officer (22)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Barlow, Sydney William (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Bourne, George Herbert (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Grant, William (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Stodart, Robert Mackay (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
2nd Australian Light Horse Regiment
UnitThe 2nd Light Horse Regiment was raised at Enoggera in Queensland on 18 August 1914. Its recruits came mainly from Queensland but some hailed from the northern rivers district of New South Wales. The ...
3rd Australian Light Horse Regiment
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
1st Australian Light Horse Regiment
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
8th Australian Light Horse Regiment
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...
9th Australian Light Horse Regiment
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...