Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- battle honours : Magdhaba-Rafah (remove)
commanding officer (33)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Glasgow, Thomas William (Bill) (2)
- Abbott, Percy Phipps (1)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Barlow, Sydney William (1)
- Bell, George John (1)
- Bourne, George Herbert (1)
- Brazier, Noel Murray (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Denson, Herbert Reginald (1)
- Fulton, David (1)
- Grant, William (1)
- Granville, Cecil Horace (1)
- Grimwood, Samuel Edward Byrne (1)
- Langley, George Furner (1)
- Macarthur-Onslow, George Macleay (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Meredith, John Baldwin Hoystead (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Mills, Arthur James (1)
- Nicholas, Clive Lanyon (1)
- Nobbs, Aubrey Sydney (1)
- Olden, Arthur Charles Niquet (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Rowell, Frank Milton (1)
- Scott, John Burns (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Stodart, Robert Mackay (1)
- Todd, Thomas John (1)
- Vernon, Hugh Venables (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
related subjects (1)
UnitThe 2nd Light Horse Regiment was raised at Enoggera in Queensland on 18 August 1914. Its recruits came mainly from Queensland but some hailed from the northern rivers district of New South Wales. The ...
UnitThe 3rd Light Horse Regiment was raised in Adelaide on 17 August 1914. Although most of its recruits were enlisted in South Australia, one of the regiment's three squadrons was composed of Tasmanians ...
UnitThe 1st Light Horse Regiment was raised, from recruits from New South Wales, at Rosebury Park in Sydney in August 1914. It was one of three regiments of the 1st Light Horse Brigade - the first mounted...
UnitThe 15th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Palestine in June 1918 from members of the Australian companies of the Imperial Camel Corps (ICC). The ICC had been disbanded because camel-mounted troops, ...
UnitThe 14th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Palestine in June 1918 from members of the Australian companies of the Imperial Camel Corps (ICC). The ICC had been disbanded because camel-mounted troops, ...
UnitThe 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment AIF was the only AIF light horse regiment recruited in Western Australia during the First World War. The regiment was raised in October 1914 when it became ...
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...