Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Bapaume, 1917 (remove)
- related places : Broadmeadows (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (16)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Crouch, Richard Armstrong (1)
- Davis, David Manton (1)
- Dean, George Henry (1)
- Duggan, Bernard Oscar Charles (1)
- Forbes, Frederick William Dempster (1)
- Hindhaugh, Stanley George Allen (1)
- Hutchinson, John Francis (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Mitchell, Alexander (1)
- Norris, Ignatius Bertram (1)
- Smith, Robert Keith Henry (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
- White, Dudley Persse (1)
- Williams, Ernest Morgan (1)
- Wiltshire, Aubrey Roy Liddon (1)
UnitThe 22nd Battalion AIF was formed on 26 March 1915 at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria. The battalion became part of the 6th Brigade of the 2nd Division. Most of the battalion embarked for Egypt on 8...
UnitThe 21st Battalion was raised, as part of the 6th Brigade, at Broadmeadows in Victoria in February 1915. Its recruits hailed from all over the state. The later enlistment of these men, and their avera...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...
UnitThe 13th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows in Victoria in March 1915; it was the third light horse regiment to have been raised in that state. Its regimental number quickly led to it bec...