Filters (6 applied)Clear All
- casualties : 845 killed, 2435 wounded (including gassed) (remove)
- battle honours : Hindenburg Line (remove)
- related places : Liverpool (remove)
- commanding officer : Goddard, Henry Arthur (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related units : 2nd Australian Division (remove)
UnitThe 17th Battalion was raised at Liverpool in New South Wales in March 1915 as part of the 5th Brigade. It left Australia in early May, trained in Egypt from mid-June until mid-August, and on 20 Augus...