Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- related units : New Zealand & Australian Division (remove)
- battle honours : Menin Road (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (22)
- Tilney, Leslie Edward (2)
- Arrell, William Llewellyn (1)
- Burnage, Granville John (1)
- Cannan, James Harold (1)
- Chalmers, Frederick Royden (1)
- Collett, Herbert Brayley (1)
- Corrigan, John Joseph (1)
- Courtney, Richard Edmond (1)
- Crowther, Henry Arnold (1)
- Currie, Patrick (1)
- Dare, Charles Moreland Montague (1)
- Dollman, Walter (1)
- Drake-Brockman, Edmund Alfred (1)
- Durrant, James Murdoch Archer (1)
- Harwood, Ross (1)
- Margolin, Eliazar Lazar (1)
- Marks, Douglas Gray (1)
- McSharry, Terence Patrick (1)
- Pope, Harold (1)
- Read, George Arthur (1)
- Slane, James Charles Francis (1)
- Smith, Walter John (1)
UnitThe 28th Battalion was raised at Blackboy Camp in Western Australia on 16 April 1915 from recruits previously earmarked for the 24th Battalion, which was instead being raised in Victoria. The battalio...
UnitThe Headquarters of the 14th Battalion opened at an office at 178 Collins Street, Melbourne in the last week of September 1914. On 1 October it relocated to Broadmeadows Camp where the battalion's rec...
UnitThe 13th Battalion AIF was raised from late September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. The battalion was recruited in New South Wales, and with the 14th, 15th and 16th Batta...
UnitThe 27th Battalion was raised in South Australia in March 1915, from recruits previously earmarked for the 24th Battalion, a large number of whom hailed from the suburbs of Adelaide. The battalion lef...
UnitThe 16th Battalion AIF was raised from 16 September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. Three-quarters of the battalion were recruited in Western Australia, and the rest in Sou...
UnitThe 15th Battalion AIF was raised from late September 1914, six weeks after the outbreak of the First World War. Three-quarters of the battalion were recruited as volunteers from Queensland, and the ...