Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Albert, 1918 (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related units : 7 Brigade (remove)
commanding officer (11)
- Chalmers, Frederick Royden (1)
- Collett, Herbert Brayley (1)
- Currie, Patrick (1)
- Davis, William MacIntyre (1)
- Dollman, Walter (1)
- Ferguson, George Andrew (1)
- O'Donnell, Francis Michael (1)
- Read, George Arthur (1)
- Robinson, James Alexander (1)
- Slane, James Charles Francis (1)
- Travers, Reginald John Albert (1)
UnitThe 28th Battalion was raised at Blackboy Camp in Western Australia on 16 April 1915 from recruits previously earmarked for the 24th Battalion, which was instead being raised in Victoria. The battalio...
UnitThe 27th Battalion was raised in South Australia in March 1915, from recruits previously earmarked for the 24th Battalion, a large number of whom hailed from the suburbs of Adelaide. The battalion lef...
UnitThe 26th Battalion was raised at Enoggera, Queensland, in April 1915 from recruits enlisted in Queensland and Tasmania, and formed part of the 7th Brigade. It left Australia in July, and, after traini...