Filters (3 applied)Clear All
- battle honours : Sharon (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
commanding officer (27)
- Abbott, Percy Phipps (2)
- Daly, Thomas Joseph (2)
- Grant, William (2)
- Arnott, John McLean (1)
- Bailey, Percival John (1)
- Bourchier, Murray William James (1)
- Brazier, Noel Murray (1)
- Cameron, Donald (1)
- Chambers, Philip Arthur (1)
- Deeble, Arthur Vivian (1)
- Forsyth, John Keatly (1)
- Grimwood, Samuel Edward Byrne (1)
- Long, Leonard (1)
- Maygar, Leslie Cecil (1)
- McIntosh, Harold (1)
- McLaurin, Archibald McGibbon (1)
- Miell, Albert (1)
- Nicholas, Clive Lanyon (1)
- Olden, Arthur Charles Niquet (1)
- Parsons, John William (1)
- Reynell, Carew (1)
- Royston, John Robinson (1)
- Scott, John Burns (1)
- Scott, William Henry (1)
- Shannon, Herbert James (1)
- Todd, Thomas John (1)
- White, Alexander Henry (1)
UnitThe regiment that would eventually become the 8th Light Horse Regiment was formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914 as the 6th Light Horse Regiment. A reorganisation of the rapidly...
UnitThe 9th Light Horse Regiment was formed in Adelaide and trained in Melbourne between October 1914 and February 1915. Approximately three-quarters of the regiment hailed from South Australia and the ot...
UnitThe 12th Light Horse Regiment was raised, as part of the 4th Light Horse Brigade, at Liverpool, New South Wales, on 1 March 1915. It sailed from Australia in two contingents in June 1915. The first co...
UnitThe 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment AIF was the only AIF light horse regiment recruited in Western Australia during the First World War. The regiment was raised in October 1914 when it became ...
UnitThe formation of the 4th Light Horse Brigade, and the 11th Light Horse Regiment as part of it, was announced on 11 February 1915. Two squadrons of the 11th Light Horse were subsequently formed in Quee...
UnitThe 4th Light Horse Regiment was formed as the divisional cavalry regiment for the 1st Australian Division on 11 August 1914. Belying traditional stereotypes, over 20 per cent of the original regiment...